< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anyone else disgusted with this legislature?  (Read 1086 times)

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
Anyone else disgusted with this legislature?
« on: May 21, 2015, 04:39:58 PM »
There I was on election night watching the results roll in....it appeared that the winds were changing.  Between term limits & victories it looked like we had a decent incoming Legislature.  The NFOA Political Action Fund had a large percentage of endorsed candidates win & directly assisted 2 Senators in victory, one by the narrowest of margins.  The makeup of the judiciary committee looked vastly improved with the departure of Lathrop & Ashford as well as the addition of Laura Ebke.  The session also seemed to start off reasonable with a plethora of pro firearm bills & no major ones that the NFOA opposed.

Now with only a few days left in the session, what has been accomplished?   We were Successfull at getting LB-289 out of the Judiciary committee to be heard early next year.  We also accomplished a lot of leg work behind the scenes building relationships & building towards future legislation..

What bothers me more than the lack of progress of the 2nd amendment related bills, is what the legislature not only spends time on, but some of the bills that they have been passing just blow my mind!   I am fairly unhappy with our new legislature to put it nicely...    I will give them credit, they have found a way to work together for the greater good of Progressive Nebraska!   Between voting to repeal the death penalty, eliminating mandatory minimum sentences, giving illegal immigrants drivers licenses, & raising the fuel tax, I would say that the average conservative Nebraskan is highly under represented..

Ok....just had to vent.
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Anyone else disgusted with this legislature?
« Reply #1 on: May 21, 2015, 05:07:21 PM »
this legislature is really hard to figure out.  i wonder what kind of back door deals went on to get this done.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2015, 07:05:40 PM »
 Jfade pretty well sums up my disgust

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline on the fritz

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2015, 07:36:58 PM »
(sigh...). Yeah, I can not disagree with anything here...... 

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2015, 08:10:13 PM »
Now if they would just pass a law that requires them to repeal 3 old statutes for each new one, that would be a beautiful thing.

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2015, 08:51:17 PM »
Yes. Totally disgusted.  Everything is upside down. 
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2015, 09:51:42 PM »
Now if they would just pass a law that requires them to repeal 3 old statutes for each new one, that would be a beautiful thing.

You would like Patrick Borchers who is running for LD39, currently held by term-limited Beau McCoy.

He spoke at our Washington County Republican Central Committee meeting earlier this week. He has my support.
http://patrickborchers.blogspot.com/2015/04/borchers-for-legislature.html
http://www.borchersfornebraska.com/

Which relates back to the original subject.  All we can do is try to elect those who best represent our values, and if they don't live up to that... we need to vote them out.
« Last Edit: May 21, 2015, 09:55:22 PM by FarmerRick »
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2015, 01:01:29 PM »
Did CCW signage go anywhere ? That's like a win-win for everyone.
hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: May 22, 2015, 03:03:51 PM »
I have had a few brief discussions with Patrick Borchers on facebook over the last few months & he seems like a great replacement for McCoy.   He may not be well versed on firearm laws yet but he proclaims to be 1000% all about the constitution!
Borchers responded favorably to everything that we discussed & I gave him an early heads up on filling out the NFOA PAF survey.   
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member