< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: What fixed blade do you rely on?  (Read 8025 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: What fixed blade do you rely on?
« Reply #20 on: May 25, 2010, 07:23:51 PM »
I think I am ready to get that SOG seal pup elite.  Very nice light weight mid sized tool.  I want the Kydex sheath, but I am undecided as to the blade.

TiNi partially serrated, or the satin finish straight edge...

I am kinda partial to black blades, but maybe it is time to change it up
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #21 on: May 25, 2010, 08:18:25 PM »
X3 (I think) for the Gerber LMF II - great all-around utility knife.  It has a tip on the handle that can be used as a hammer or to break the window out of a vehicle in the case of an emergency.  The lower half of the blade is serrated and is intended to cut through the fuselage of a helicopter.  Holds a nice edge too.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #22 on: May 31, 2010, 12:42:30 AM »
And change it up I did, as in a totally different knife... ESEE RC-4 in Desert Tan. Very nice Kydex sheath system included and not much more money than the SOG

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline 20nickels

• NFOA Full Member
  • I've got your back
« Reply #23 on: July 23, 2010, 04:36:09 PM »
Daily carry fixed blade is a Hideaway knife
Hideawayknife.com
good article;
http://www.cqbservices.com/?page_id=25
~1522~    In an effort to reduce the continuing fear surrounding the black magic of guns and black powder, a Bavarian necromancer states that rifles are more accurate than smoothbores because the spinning bullet doesn't allow a demon to gain purchase upon it.