< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Best .22 Suppressor  (Read 5116 times)

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
Best .22 Suppressor
« on: June 09, 2015, 06:59:58 PM »
Hey all! Glad to be back! Finished mortuary school in Kansas City and I'm back in Nebraska and getting settled down and am now ready to get my class 3 collection going. I remember looking at these a while ago and had it narrowed down to a couple but forgot what they were. What I'm looking for is a great first shot pop reduction, not hard to clean, and a good all around reduction. Price isn't a factor since a class 3 seems like a long term investment that should last. And Cedar County wasn't one of the jurisdictions that has CLEO's that don't sign off correct? Thanks for any input.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Best .22 Suppressor
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2015, 08:55:04 PM »
Just get a trust. Best for multiple possessors and estate planning.  I suggest dickclarklaw.com.

For cans I suggest the Warlock II for a lightweight 22lr only can. If you want multiple calibers I'd look into the spectre II or ZAI Voodoo can. Voodoo is American Reaper Scott's other company ZAI.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline m0par

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2015, 09:19:42 PM »
I'd suggest the spectre II as well, with one caveat.

If you intend to use a shrouded barrel like the Tac Sol SBX, seriously consider the Sparrow. Its design won't ever leave you with a thread adapter stuck to the muzzle threads 6" down inside a tube, wondering how you're going to get it out. The core on the Sparrow is threaded to the muzzle directly. There is no adapter to come unscrewed. You'll maybe end up with a little FRP but it would be well worth it. (Negligible on a rifle, and if you absolutely need quiet, a little ablative media will completely eliminate it.)

Heck, you're going to end up with at least 3 22lr silencers anyway, just start off with one of each. Spectre, Sparrow, and Voodoo.
"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."--John Basil Barnhill

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2015, 09:35:18 PM »
Spectre II and sparrow are ringing bells of ones I looked at. And in regards to the trust I'm not going to mess with all that. I don't think the CLEOs around here were known for being an issue, just gotta figure out who I need to contact since I have been out of the gun loop for the last year.

Offline m0par

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2015, 09:42:45 PM »
Your choice. I'd highly recommend a trust. You can do eForm form 1s (i hear rumor that form 4s will be eForm-able too, sometime...) and usually end up with a much shorter wait.

If you're married, your spouse can be on the trust, so the spouse can legally have access to them (as well as anyone else you may trust enough to add as a trustee -- be careful with that though.)

Its not much more hassle than going to get fingerprints/photos/CLEO signature, and you only have to do it once, rather than with every purchase, and it is much cheaper than it used to be (competition is a good thing).

The only bugaboo is what the ATF _may_ do as far as negating the benefits of not needing fingerprints/photos/etc when using a trust.
"Where the people fear the government you have tyranny. Where the government fears the people you have liberty."--John Basil Barnhill

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2015, 09:45:22 PM »
I think messing with CLEOs is a hassle. Trusts are easier, faster and overall just better, especially multiple NFA items, but its all good.

What dealer are you talking to?

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2015, 12:02:53 AM »
Haven't talked to any yet. The one in south sioux city would be probably the closest. Otherwise I would deal with Moeller or the one in Bennett. Had a good talk with the Bennett guy when he was still in Columbus and seemed like a pretty cool guy.

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2015, 06:13:47 AM »
I have a SilencerCo Sparrow and it is very nice. I've dealt with both Rod Moeller and the folks at American Reaper Arms and had good dealings with both.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2015, 03:35:45 PM »
Haven't talked to any yet. The one in south sioux city would be probably the closest. Otherwise I would deal with Moeller or the one in Bennett. Had a good talk with the Bennett guy when he was still in Columbus and seemed like a pretty cool guy.

SSC - is that Mr Hineline or Dakota Silencer?

there is an NFA dealer in Norfolk, its a pawn shop basically.  i've heard they are ok.  i was there once, but never bought anything.  i believe there's like 18 NFA dealer in NE.  i suggest picking a good NFA dealer from the start.

congrats on starting the NFA game, its quite addicting.

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #9 on: June 11, 2015, 08:52:27 PM »
SSC - is that Mr Hineline or Dakota Silencer?

there is an NFA dealer in Norfolk, its a pawn shop basically.  i've heard they are ok.  i was there once, but never bought anything.  i believe there's like 18 NFA dealer in NE.  i suggest picking a good NFA dealer from the start.

congrats on starting the NFA game, its quite addicting.

So far as I can tell, we are actually up to nearly thirty NFA dealers in Nebraska now. Here's my list: http://www.dickclarklaw.com/news/nfadealersinnebraska

Updates/corrections are welcome.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #10 on: June 11, 2015, 09:06:16 PM »
So far as I can tell, we are actually up to nearly thirty NFA dealers in Nebraska now. Here's my list: http://www.dickclarklaw.com/news/nfadealersinnebraska

oh snap!

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #11 on: June 11, 2015, 10:28:25 PM »

The Trade N Post in Fremont is a suppressor dealer now too.  http://store009.gundealersusa.com/index.php?route=product/category&path=51_54&limit=50
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline bwarner

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: June 11, 2015, 11:55:54 PM »
 :laugh:Call Rob and Hope at Exeter Arms. OOPS

Offline CitizenClark

• NFOA Full Member
  • Live free or die!
    • Silencer News
« Reply #13 on: June 12, 2015, 09:52:28 AM »

Offline bk09

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #14 on: June 12, 2015, 05:51:41 PM »
:laugh:Call Rob and Hope at Exeter Arms. OOPS
lol...

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #15 on: August 03, 2017, 09:03:36 AM »
I have an Innovative Arms Apex-S Multi that's pretty decent.  A fair amount of frp since it's a monocore, but solid SS construction.  It's heavy, like 9ish ounces heavy, but it's a decent can.  If I were doing it over again, there's only one choice, the KGmade Swarm.  Solid Titanium, K configurable, and light as a feather. 

Offline Laufen

• Post approval required
« Reply #16 on: August 06, 2017, 10:09:45 AM »