General Categories > Survival/Emergency Preparedness

Bug Out Bags...

(1/3) > >>

FarmerRick:
What's in yours?

What kind and size of bag(s) do you use?

Mosin:
Hey FarmerRick

Glad you started this!  I have been on the survival/emergency prep for little over a year now.  I just started with filling my bug out bag this month.  I have one for each family member that will be just for them and there needs.  I will have to post what I am going to put in them later.  I don't have time now to list it all.  You are ahead of the game if you are not running to the store like everyone else to get supplies that may not be there. :o

Jay:
This has reminded me that I need to re-stock, re-think my bag. Thanks, Rick.

I have a large duffel bag that we put together a few years ago, but over time I think I have stolen stuff out of it and not replaced it. We got busy with a move, remodeling, etc, and I have slacked on "the bag". We always take it with us camping, on trips, etc., and over time it has been depleted some.

I'll make some time and start over on ours and post up pics before long.

bkoenig:
Ours is split into a few different bags & containers, with the intent of just getting us through a few days in the event of a major catastrophe.  We have a couple of flats of bottled water, along with a 5 gallon jug of water that can be easily hand carried if we need to move quickly.  We keep bleach around the house to use for sanitizing drinking water if we need more than that.  The CDC recommends 1/8 tsp per gallon of water. 

Split between two backpacks we have rope, duct tape, sterno, lighters, canned food, can opener, lightweight camping pots, candles, spare socks & underwear, hand sanitizer, hand crank powered radio/flashlight combo, and gauze bandages.  There's probably more in there, too, but I can't remember all of it off the top of my head.

I need to get a couple of folding knives to add to the bags.  In the event of some serious civil unrest I'd plan on taking my 870 along also, if we actually had to leave the house. 

My wife used to think it was silly storing this stuff ahead of time, but then Katrina hit.  She's all over it now.

A-FIXER:

--- Quote from: bkoenig on November 11, 2009, 07:22:14 PM ---Ours is split into a few different bags & containers, with the intent of just getting us through a few days in the event of a major catastrophe.  We have a couple of flats of bottled water, along with a 5 gallon jug of water that can be easily hand carried if we need to move quickly.  We keep bleach around the house to use for sanitizing drinking water if we need more than that.  The CDC recommends 1/8 tsp per gallon of water. 

Split between two backpacks we have rope, duct tape, sterno, lighters, canned food, can opener, lightweight camping pots, candles, spare socks & underwear, hand sanitizer, hand crank powered radio/flashlight combo, and gauze bandages.  There's probably more in there, too, but I can't remember all of it off the top of my head.

I need to get a couple of folding knives to add to the bags.  In the event of some serious civil unrest I'd plan on taking my 870 along also, if we actually had to leave the house. 

My wife used to think it was silly storing this stuff ahead of time, but then Katrina hit.  She's all over it now.

--- End quote ---
The NRA monthly flyer has some of them I couldn't get the pic's to upload sorry

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version