< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Chambered rumor  (Read 4180 times)

Offline thunt

• NFOA Full Member
Chambered rumor
« on: June 22, 2015, 07:30:29 PM »
A friend I work with told me today that she was speaking with a friend of hers that told her he lost his ccw permit and his firearm for one year because he was pulled over and had a round in the chamber. Is that for real? I've never heard that before and wanted to know if anyone here could offer some clarification.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline sparky

• NFOA Full Member
  • Site Sponsor
    • Midwest Leather Works
Re: Chambered rumor
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2015, 07:38:16 PM »
That can not be true.  There is no law saying I can't carry with one in the pipe with a ccw.
www.midwestleatherworks.com
matt@midwestleatherworks.com

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: June 22, 2015, 08:35:11 PM »
Sounds like someone was telling tall tales.  Who knows..  the guy may  have never had a permit in the first place.

Offline thunt

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: June 22, 2015, 08:55:30 PM »
Sounded fishy to me. But thought I'd throw it out there.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2015, 09:37:05 PM »
More than 1 credible instructor has told me that we have the choice to carry in the chamber. I trust all of them and it has been a consistent message so I am quite confident that we can carry with one in the chamber without an issue.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2015, 10:34:55 PM »
More than 1 credible instructor has told me that we have the choice to carry in the chamber. I trust all of them and it has been a consistent message so I am quite confident that we can carry with one in the chamber without an issue.

There is ABSOLUTELY no law dictating how you carry if you have a CHP.  However, open carry may have different rules in different cities/towns of Nebraska.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2015, 09:36:10 AM »
Maybe your friend just wasn't listening very closely and what her friend actually said was that he lost his permit because of Chambers, as in Ernie.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: June 23, 2015, 02:10:23 PM »
Maybe your friend just wasn't listening very closely and what her friend actually said was that he lost his permit because of Chambers, as in Ernie.

LOL, yeah, this post deserves "Thanks"

Offline 66bigblock

• Lead Benefactor
  • When SHTF, which side of the Fan will you be on?
« Reply #8 on: June 23, 2015, 02:26:12 PM »
LOL, there is no "losing your permit for 1 year". 

66bigblock
I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.  I carry a lot of ammo because I cant run very fast.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: June 23, 2015, 03:51:12 PM »
This may very well have happened to your friend's friend's third cousin's uncle twice removed by marriage who read it on the internet, so be careful ... the same may happen to you ....

Offline thunt

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: June 23, 2015, 04:33:25 PM »
You guys have made it clear asking questions is not acceptable. Unless you want people to be asses to you. Thanks.

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: June 23, 2015, 08:29:50 PM »
You guys have made it clear asking questions is not acceptable. Unless you want people to be asses to you. Thanks.

Questions or the sharing of knowledge on this forum are not welcome unless part of the clique. guess you learned that early. Unless you run and gun,  go NFA or AR's , You are not a firearms owner. You are not deserving of respect. Thanks you all for putting forth such a generous welcome to your elite organization.

I am out!
D.R

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: June 23, 2015, 09:04:59 PM »
I always felt public education should include a mandatory semester on humor and sarcasm .....

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #13 on: June 23, 2015, 09:46:09 PM »
Questions or the sharing of knowledge on this forum are not welcome unless part of the clique. guess you learned that early. Unless you run and gun,  go NFA or AR's , You are not a firearms owner. You are not deserving of respect. Thanks you all for putting forth such a generous welcome to your elite organization.

I am out!

I do not consider myself to be part of "the clique" and have had several questions answered nicely, respectfully and knowledgeably.

This question was also answered respectfully and knowledgeably.

Just because a thread wanders off into a little bit of fun after the proper response is given is no reason to go off half cocked.

Damn, are we so thin skinned anymore we can't enjoy a little ribbing?

I saw nothing derogatory aimed at the OP.  Only some good natured banter.

This isn't bible study or a knitting society.

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #14 on: June 24, 2015, 07:44:27 AM »
THunt, I am sorry if you felt that someone was being rude to you.  From what I can see no one here was being anything more than helpful in answering your question or "cracking wise" in an attempt to make light of the fact that many times what we hear from others is nothing more than rumour or hearsay without merit.
Hopefully you will be able to see that no one in this thread had any intent to do more than bring some humour and answer your question.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 07:50:40 AM »

I am out!
Promise?

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 10:09:10 AM »

Your question was answered my friend.  You should not take it personally when people make jokes; life would get boring without them.  So you might want to lighten up: life's too short to get upset so easily.  I've gotten good answers to several questions I've posted on this forum, and I'm sure I'll have more in the future.

I am out!

I was not aware of any clique.  Everyone is welcome here and at NFOA events from what I've seen.  Making jokes is not being disrespectful; it's just having fun.  I earned a living for thirty years in a construction trade, and if you get your feelings hurt so easy, I would stay far far away from that world.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #17 on: June 24, 2015, 06:42:35 PM »

Sarcasm (a.k.a., smart assedness) is VERY hard to perceive in the written language.  I know a lot of these guys on the forum.  Some from meeting in person and others just from the forum.  There is a LOT of joking that goes on here and none of this was intended to insult you, rather to laugh at how some people (your friend) misunderstands something and passes it on as fact.  Please stick around and get to know the group...unless you are a damn dentist.  We don't need any more of those on the forum!  <----And that was an example of sarcasm meant for a few of our members.

I was not aware of any clique.  Everyone is welcome here and at NFOA events from what I've seen.  Making jokes is not being disrespectful; it's just having fun.  I earned a living for thirty years in a construction trade, and if you get your feelings hurt so easy, I would stay far far away from that world.

I know right? I had a friend make a joke at a match.  I was a little self absorbed with my performance at the time, and I didn't have much of a reply.  Later on he said "I hope I didn't offend you" and I told him he was going to have to try a LOT harder to hurt my feelings.  I was trained by the best.  The youngest of 4 with a six year spilt between my next youngest sibling who tied me up to the basketball pole in the middle of winter and told me he was going to leave me there until spring.  Later he asked me if I knew why I was so much younger than him, and he said it was because I was a mistake, that I wasn't wanted.  Then my wife meets the family.  She couldn't understand why we were all so mean and I had no idea what she was talking about.  LOL.  Sarcasm is like a staple in my diet.

Fly

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: June 24, 2015, 08:31:54 PM »
I personally would never be sarcastic on a forum.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #19 on: June 24, 2015, 09:46:58 PM »
I personally would never be sarcastic on a forum. 

/\
    /  \
     ||
     ||
     ||

See...that right there is a FINE example of sarcasm.