< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: N.F.O.A. Annual Members Meeting 2015  (Read 5982 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Re: N.F.O.A. Annual Members Meeting 2015
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2015, 08:56:27 PM »
Got the scores done for the Steel Challenge Fun Stage from the meeting today--we had 45 attempts at the stage (some people tried more than once, some of us shot a gun or two in every category because it was FUN).   I am told I have to leave my scores in.  (In a different post I'll explain the "CCW" division listing...)

Hope that people had a good time shooting the stage---Steel Challenge is lots of fun, isn't it?  Heartland is having a State Steel Challenge match (all 8 stages!) next Sunday, and the next Steel Challenge match (6 stages) at ENGC will be on October 18th. 

Shooting the full version (5 strings per stage instead of three) for six or eight stages is even more fun...

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2015, 10:08:37 PM »
Had a great time today, thanks to all who worked on planning and implementing the event.
Thanks to the speakers, shooting organizers, trainers, those who brought guns to try.
There was something for everyone.
I can also now knock the need to shoot a full-auto gun off my bucket list. WooHoo!

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline PC13

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2015, 10:22:34 PM »
I had a work function and couldn't make it.  Who won the pistol?

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #43 on: August 22, 2015, 11:38:43 PM »
Thomas, did Paul shoot that with his brand new pistola?
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #44 on: August 23, 2015, 06:58:53 AM »
Thomas, did Paul shoot that with his brand new pistola?

I don't actually know! 

I wasn't around when the drawing occurred (I was setting up my stage) so I didn't even know who won. 

....I just knew if wasn't me.  :(

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #45 on: August 23, 2015, 08:33:31 AM »
The winner of the H&K VP9 handgun was Paul Dunn.  Congrats!  Paul was present and we were able to transfer the gun to him right after the drawing and he did get to shoot it that afternoon.

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
« Reply #46 on: August 24, 2015, 06:28:23 AM »
Want to extend a thank you to Sean (SeanN) and Ardena (zebra) for helping run the Steel Challenge stage---they were the two folks who frequently took over while I was off having fun elsewhere.

On a related note, thanks to Alex for running the USPSA stage, and the cowboy action folks for bringing everything so we could give it a try.  (If you didn't try the cowboy action stage, you missed out---it was extremely fun.  And now I want a pair of single-action revolvers like the one with the white grips....that was ridiculously easy to shoot!)