< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Firearm Insurance  (Read 825 times)

Offline Critter

• NFOA Full Member
Firearm Insurance
« on: July 10, 2015, 02:50:45 PM »
Who provides the best?

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Firearm Insurance
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2015, 03:31:59 PM »
this topic was covered not long ago.  here's the thread: http://nebraskafirearms.org/forum/index.php/topic,14312.msg103008.html

i use CollectInsure, but have only had it a few months.  some NFOA members have CollectInsure as well.  some people on ARFCOM use it as well to cover their M16's and other MGs, cans, etc.  i hear lots of good things about them, so i gave them a try.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline bbauman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2015, 05:23:23 AM »
Call Jack at Historic Firearms (Eastern Insurance), they have a good rep and are less expensive than collectinsure.

https://www.easterninsurance.com/

Offline Workman

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2015, 08:15:33 PM »
Sorry for the slightly off-topic post,  but at what point do you guys think insurance is a good idea?  Im young, so my collection is nothing special, but its still a decent chunk of change sitting there (for me). 

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2015, 11:42:35 PM »
Sorry for the slightly off-topic post,  but at what point do you guys think insurance is a good idea?  Im young, so my collection is nothing special, but its still a decent chunk of change sitting there (for me). 

i think thats up to you to decide.  i did it cuz i was above what was covered on my renter's insurance.

but *i think* every gun owner should have a running catalog of firearms serial numbers, pictures and whatever other information you want in a couple hard copies.  its easy to grab the serials and pics in case they are stolen.... of course my opinion.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official