< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Chris cristie on gun control  (Read 1205 times)

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Chris cristie on gun control
« on: July 01, 2015, 10:33:19 AM »
 he supported the Clinton assault weapon ban along with many other anti gun bills. he even kept the Clinton ban after it ended in his home state, NOW right before he declares for pres. he lightens his stance on some small items,

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/420559/chris-christie-second-amendment-cynic-charles-c-w-cooke

Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
Re: Chris cristie on gun control
« Reply #1 on: July 01, 2015, 04:09:19 PM »
Some have said that from a side view Christie's is a D (Democrat). :laugh:
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: July 01, 2015, 04:53:05 PM »
Christie is soft on gun rights, just like his midsection.... oh snap!  (i really shouldn't have posted that.)

but he will never get my vote.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2015, 07:19:08 AM »
Nominating Cristie Creme would be a sure way to drive even more people away from the Republican party.  Conservative and Libertarian voters want someone who respects individual rights and believes in fiscal responsibility.  Unfortunately the national party leadership believes in the exact opposite.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2015, 09:09:57 AM »
I will not support him.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline Phantom

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: July 03, 2015, 03:04:15 PM »
Just remembering how he handled the whole Bridge-gate affair.
and a few others

Completely Nixed him for me.  :o

"If the primates that we came from had known that someday politicians would come out of the...the gene pool, they'd a stayed up in the trees and written evolution off as a bad idea.....Hell, I always thought the opposable thumb was overrated.  "-- Sheridan, "Babylon 5"

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: July 09, 2015, 09:45:26 AM »
Second Amendment patriots have been very good for the Republican Party, but that party still insists on nominating one anti-gun bigot after another.  McCain and Romney were both anti-gun.  Both Bushes were anti-gun (just less so than their opponents in the general).  Christie won't get the nomination, but just being seen as a serious contender shows how prevalent RINOs are in the Party.  If the Republicans ever do nominate a competent and loyal American who will stand up to the liberal cult and defend this country from their aggression (including civilian disarmament), I think there will be a lot of people supporting him that now don't even bother to vote, and he'll win easily.  But he'll have to be smart and strong enough to fight back against the hate campaign that will be waged against him by the liberal press.  A man who can and will do that is the only hope for salvation America has.  And I don't see any Republican who comes close to being able or willing to do that, except maybe Donald Trump (but I haven't taken a close look at him yet).     
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2015, 11:22:03 AM »
If Jim Webb manages to knock off Hillary, he may be the most pro gun candidate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #8 on: July 09, 2015, 11:48:44 AM »
If Jim Webb manages to knock off Hillary, he may be the most pro gun candidate

James Webb.

Interesting fellow.   US Air Force brat.   Went to HS in Bellevue, NE.   US Naval Academy.  Marine combat officer:  Navy Cross.   Silver Star.  Two Bronze Stars.   Two Purple Hearts.   SecNav.   Assistant SecDef.  United States Senator:  Virginia

Wrote this really interesting read about the Scots-Irish in America called, "Born Fighting".

Makes extremely proud claims about his own S-I heritage, which--above all--is totally stonefaced-set against strong centralized authoritarian political governance.

And then he becomes an important force in the Democrat Party.   Of all things.   Do the Dems have some form of mesmerizing mind control, or what??

Go Figger.   

sfg
« Last Edit: July 09, 2015, 11:58:30 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2015, 04:16:31 PM »
US Air Force brat.   Went to HS in Bellevue, NE.   US Naval Academy.  Marine combat officer:  Navy Cross.   Silver Star.  Two Bronze Stars.   Two Purple Hearts.   SecNav.   Assistant SecDef.  United States Senator:  Virginia

That right there makes me sick.  You would think that a person who has served extensively would REALLY understand the vow he took and what the constitution says/means.  After all, he wasn't some schmuck off the street who a judge gave an ultimatum of jail or service.   This guy was an officer for god's sake.

My kids are both enlisted and they understand, but that's because they were taught correctly and not just following a party line to get elected.

That's all I have to say about that.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2015, 09:39:33 PM »
I think an awful lot of people are Democrats because of what that party used to stand for.  It used to be the party of the working man, now it's the party of those who would take from the working man and give to those who won't work.  A lot of people are Democrats because their parents were.

As my dad said - "I didn't leave the Democratic party, it left me."