< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Budget 30 cal supperssor  (Read 3257 times)

Offline pdog

• Forum Member
Budget 30 cal supperssor
« on: July 12, 2015, 05:14:40 PM »
I want to put a suppressor on my 6.5 creedmoor for deer hunting and might do a 308 to. So looking at a 30 caliber one. So I am always mindful my limited funds to spread around my hobbies. So looking for a budget one. Have looked a  few brands and was looking at huntertown arms but have read alot about their bad customer service liked the idea of cleaning it and moving the baffles around. So what are some good budget brands. I have looked at a few but might have missed some so looking for opinnions on them. Was hoping to get in around 500 before stamp/taxes and such.

Offline mike_p

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Budget 30 cal supperssor
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2015, 07:55:25 PM »
Silencerco Specwars are pretty affordable.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2015, 08:05:36 PM »
Look in the silencer co harvester.

One thing to think about is weight, length and performance something cheap is not going to give you the results of something of more money. And it goes the other way with silencers you can buy big money and have a cheaper can perform better.

Not sure where you are from but in the lincoln area silencer hq is the go to shop. A lot of experience and a lot of testing on what they carry.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2015, 09:57:31 PM »
Buy once, cry once. It's an investment for a long time. A good can could out live you, unless you abuse it.

SiCo is great all around suppressor maker.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2015, 11:32:08 PM »
If you do not plan on sustained high rates of fire, the Harvester is the way to go. They currently run in the price range of $600. (I think.)

That being said, if you are thinking down the road of a semi-auto platform, the budget 30-cal can I would suggest is the AAC SDN-6 in 7.62. SilencerHQ carries them at about the $650-ish range. One caveat is that AAC doesn't give you a mount with the can, so you are looking at an additional $85-$175 depending on the mount of your choice. (Of course, you could always save up up while you wait for the NFA to approve your stamp.)
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline pdog

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: July 22, 2015, 08:57:00 PM »
thanks for the replies. will check into them. Don't really plan on a semi auto. More want one for hunting tried of wearing ear muffs to hunt.

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2015, 07:54:38 PM »
I could probably get arrested just for posting this picture but here is a pretty budget one...

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2015, 10:15:49 PM »
I'm seriously thinking of a Harvester if the Christmas Bonus Fairy is good to me this year.  I think that would be a great choice for a long range precision bolt rifle.  At only 11 ounces and change it would be a lot nicer on a 26" barrel than most other cans.

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: July 25, 2015, 06:40:35 PM »
I could probably get arrested just for posting this picture but here is a pretty budget one...

LOL!   Paint it black and call it a flash suppressor as well!

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
« Reply #9 on: July 27, 2015, 07:33:56 AM »
I'm very happy with my Liberty that I got from Rod at Moeller Arms.  It makes my .308 sound like a .22.  The mirage cover that came with it kept flying off, however.

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2015, 07:22:06 PM »
Yankee Hill Machine makes pretty solid & affordable stuff. I have a .30 Ti Phantom I like a lot. The SS are cheaper (and heavier).

I might also suggest you look into rolling your own. It's very simple, the components are readily available and it can save you some $$ too. Cuts out some of the stamp wait too.

For reference: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/434329_The__100_effective_Form1_suppressors__and_one_not_so__100_____56k_beware__or_even_2mb_like_me______.html
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline AJ_Engineer

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: July 30, 2015, 09:34:06 PM »
Yankee Hill Machine makes pretty solid & affordable stuff. I have a .30 Ti Phantom I like a lot. The SS are cheaper (and heavier).

I might also suggest you look into rolling your own. It's very simple, the components are readily available and it can save you some $$ too. Cuts out some of the stamp wait too.

For reference: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_20/434329_The__100_effective_Form1_suppressors__and_one_not_so__100_____56k_beware__or_even_2mb_like_me______.html

Ditto. I have the titanium .308 although I've only run it on my 5.56 AR at the moment. I wanted to buy it with future rifles in mind :)