< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Shooting in Chattanooga  (Read 2437 times)

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
Shooting in Chattanooga
« on: July 16, 2015, 04:00:48 PM »
It is sad that four Marines died today. It is too bad those present were not allowed the opportunity to defend themselves.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Shooting in Chattanooga
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 04:37:20 PM »
Afghanistan these guys get m4s. They come home disarmed and  not allowed to carry any defence from the evil within our "castle" walls.  Shame.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:34:27 PM »
Yes...I always thought that was odd to completely disarm your military personnel when they are stateside.  Very odd.  As soon as my wife told me about this shooting I told her that at least the Soldiers and Marines should be armed.  Of course, my son is in the Army and my daughter is in the Marine Corps.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:41:55 PM »
We need to eliminate all "GUN FREE ZONES"!!!!!!!!!!!!
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: July 16, 2015, 10:54:23 PM »
We need to eliminate all "GUN FREE ZONES"!!!!!!!!!!!!
+infinity

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline ghknives

• Gun Show Volunteer NRA Life member
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 10:00:46 AM »
This morning Fox news is really focusing on doing away with gun free zones & arming our military w/home
I do not love the bright sword for it's sharpness, nor the arrow for it's swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I only love that which they defend.        J.R.R. Tolkein

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2015, 12:51:23 PM »
Of course you are all correct, but it's an uphill battle when the "officials" literally don't know which way is up. Case in point: "Former FBI assistant director on Mohammad Abdulazeez: “We don’t know that it’s a Muslim name”  http://www.jihadwatch.org/2015/07/former-fbi-assistant-director-on-mohammad-abdulazeez-we-dont-know-that-its-a-muslim-name

Many in our society have a stronger allegiance to Political Correctness and the Progressive Agenda than to the security and liberty of our nation. I know it's not a news flash, but it's more apparent then ever before. 
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2015, 04:21:00 PM »
This is another one of the costs of liberalism being imposed on America as an official state religion. 

They can't disarm us, so they disarm who they can: those who serve in the military.  And they don't care one bit that their policy leads to the loss of innocent life.  They'd impose the same thing on all of us if they could.

I remember seeing a program a few years ago (on the History Channel if I remember right) on something that happened after the battle for Iwo Jima.  It was believed that the island was pacified, so the biggest part of the American military force was to be shipped out.  Apparently there was some policy that soldiers would not be allowed to have ammo for their guns on the ship, so all of them were supposed to turn theirs in the night before the big move-out.  Most followed orders and turned theirs in but some kept a little.  It turned out that a sizeable force of Japanese was still hiding out, and that force made a massive suicide attack that night.  A lot of Americans were killed because they had no ammo.  Those that did have ammo managed to save lives.  Eventually the Japanese force was put down.  But a lot more Americans died than should have.  You'd think someone might have learned a lesson from this senseless tragedy.

Based on what I've seen, the rule we have today about soldiers not being allowed to bear arms for their own defense was started on H W Bush's watch, and finished on Clinton's.  The other Bush and Obama did not lift that edict.  So as far as I'm concerned, all four of those Commanders-in-Chief are accessories to this crime (and others).     
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2015, 11:01:10 AM »
http://gopthedailydose.com/2015/07/19/breaking-congress-passes-a-bill-to-allow-conceal-carry-on-military-bases/
I wonder how many base commanders will allow CC on base and if it will be limited to military personnel only.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #11 on: July 20, 2015, 06:45:58 PM »

8)

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #13 on: July 20, 2015, 08:45:07 PM »
If I have a solid understanding here, the problem is that the facility attacked was a federal facility.  The Governors have the power to arm the Guard units, but this does nothing for the federal facilities/installations.  CC may be allowed on state property, but it is illegal on federal property.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #14 on: July 20, 2015, 09:36:47 PM »
The recruiting stations are federal in each office, but the Guardsmen station (like the one here in Lincoln) is situated in the middle of the strip mall. Technically speaking, and depending on your interpretation of division of power and responsibility, the guardsmen working at the recruiting station could arm themselves and do so without fear of reprisal as their office answers to the governor.

That would be my thought process anyway:
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2015, 10:39:28 PM »
 A thought about the soldiers who were killed.

after the people in the church were killed, didn't sparklefart have all the federal flags lowered to half staff? I seem to remember that he did, but none were lowered for the soldiers who were killed? something aint right here
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2015, 11:09:17 PM »
but none were lowered for the soldiers who were killed
Mine was and remains so, and sparklefart can kiss my ass

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #17 on: July 21, 2015, 06:25:53 AM »
I recall the SC governor having flags in the state lowered because one of those killed was a state senator.

Still, I have no idea why they aren't lowered now. Like Dan, I lowered mine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk