< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Idea to get positive free press  (Read 1017 times)

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
Idea to get positive free press
« on: July 16, 2015, 09:54:12 PM »
How about several of us who have our conceal and carry license go and guard the Omaha/Lincoln military recruiting stations. I'm sure we could get some good press!

Sent from my SM-N910R4 using Tapatalk

"One man with courage is a majority." Thomas Jefferson

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
Re: Idea to get positive free press
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2015, 10:37:54 PM »
How about several of us who have our conceal and carry license go and guard the Omaha/Lincoln military recruiting stations. I'm sure we could get some good press!

Not a horrible idea, but don't set foot in the recruiting station as I would not like to find out whether they consider it off limits to CC.  I have been to the USMC recruiting station in Lincoln.  It was not posted, but it could still be considered off limits.

Fly
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: July 16, 2015, 10:47:44 PM »
The recruiting center would be considered Federal Offices, so it would be off limits.

As far as the idea, it would not be positive press, "Concealed Carry Permit Holders Think They are the Police," the headline writes itself.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: July 16, 2015, 10:53:33 PM »
Yeah I'm with Allen. Might as well be opening carry event saying come look at me I have a gun...

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #4 on: July 17, 2015, 03:57:47 PM »
The Oath Keepers are doing it in Arkansas I just found out.  Got a positive headline from local paper & tv. Just sayin

“The laws that forbid the carrying of arms... disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes.” Thomas Jefferson

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2015, 08:58:23 PM »
That is the perfect group to stage such a thing.  The NFOA, as a gun rights lobbying organization,  just isn't in a position to be associated with that sort of thing. That being said,  I think I can speak for the BoD, in that we would not be opposed to our members being OathKeepers ( as a matter of fact, if you find or start a local unit, please let me know ;) ).

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2

“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: July 17, 2015, 10:10:58 PM »
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline grumpy old man

• NFOA Full Member
    • Stand Up For It !
« Reply #8 on: July 17, 2015, 10:42:36 PM »
That is the perfect group to stage such a thing.  The NFOA, as a gun rights lobbying organization,  just isn't in a position to be associated with that sort of thing. That being said,  I think I can speak for the BoD, in that we would not be opposed to our members being OathKeepers ( as a matter of fact, if you find or start a local unit, please let me know ;) ).

Sent from my C771 using Tapatalk 2
Steve.homan@nebraskaoathkeepers.com is the contact for the Nebraska Chapter.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2015, 04:34:09 PM »
If something like this was to be done here it should be done for the purpose of providing protection and not to get publicity imho.  Local media in my town of Lincoln are enemy propagandists and would spin it to serve their purpose.  But doing it to provide protection to those who serve their country would be fine.  Just remember it would probably need to be a long term thing, since the dynamics causing the problem seem unlikely to change.  And it would probably be best for those doing it to be inconspicuous, though they might want to make themselves known to those inside.  How many here would want to make a commitment to do something like that for a long time? 

An argument can be made though that if a large group of patriots stood outside every military office carrying guns in the open, in order to provide protection to those disarmed by a corrupt government, that might inspire Congress to use what power it has to improve the situation.  Whether it would have that effect is questionable though.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.