< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Help! I need Omaha area people to review (free) gear.  (Read 1264 times)

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Help! I need Omaha area people to review (free) gear.
« on: July 28, 2015, 12:59:49 PM »
As some of you know, I started a digital magazine (some might call it a blog) back in January. The website is www.trektechblack.com  Trek Tech Black is a spinoff of the original Trek Tech Blog (www.trektechblog.com) which focused on gear reviews for outdoors and exercise enthusiasts.  After writing for Trek Tech Blog for about a year, the founder/owner asked me to start a "tactical" focused blog.

Of course, the term "tactical" is overused and often misused so we brainstormed the "black" moniker - as in "evil black rifles."  We try to take that self-deprecating, tongue-in-cheek approach to our articles.

Now, to the meat of the matter:

It's time to grow.  I need gear testers and writers to support the growing demand for content.  This is a non-paying gig but you will get to keep some (maybe all) of the gear that you write about.  Non-contributing gear testers will receive occasional goodies in return for their work.

Contributor Requirements: Contributors will write articles and provide related photographs and/or video.
  • Must have excellent writing skills
  • Must be able to complete no fewer than two 200 word articles per month
  • Must be an active user of firearms-related gear
  • Must own and be skilled at utilizing a good quality camera (not a smart phone camera)
  • Must be willing to be listed on the website as a contributor (pen names are acceptable)
  • Ideally, has education or experience writing professionally
  • Ideally, willing and able to travel periodically to participate in content-related events
  • Ideally, willing to solicit content-related vendors to provide items or events for review

Tester Requirements: Testers will utilize items as intended and complete a review form to provide content for articles
  • Must be able to complete no fewer than two tests per month
  • Must be an active user of firearms-related gear
  • Must own and be skilled at utilizing a good quality camera (not a smart phone camera)
  • Must be willing to be listed on the website as a reviewer (pen names are acceptable)
  • Ideally, willing and able to travel periodically to participate in content-related events

Please contact me by PM if you are interested in either role.