< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Foes Hit Jeb Bush's Record on 'Stand Your Ground' Laws  (Read 488 times)

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
Foes Hit Jeb Bush's Record on 'Stand Your Ground' Laws
« on: July 30, 2015, 07:34:09 PM »
This article isn't posted because of Bush, but is here because of Florida's "Stand Your Ground" laws. Bush takes credit for other crime decreases, but how much was related to Stand Your Ground. The section below related to "Stand Your Ground" laws. Florida became one of the first states to adopt a Stand Your Ground provision. These laws now exist in 24 states.

""Under Governor Bush's leadership, Florida's crime rate reached a 35 year low, decreasing by 32 percent. Florida's violent crime rate decreased by 24 percent and crime committed with a firearm decreased by 19 percent. Governor Bush toughed sentencing laws for gun crimes ensured dangerous people were kept off the street and worked to make Florida a safer place to live, work and raise a family," Brandenburger said."

Article: http://www.nbcnews.com/politics/2016-election/foes-hit-jeb-bushs-record-stand-your-ground-laws-n401351
β€œIn a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Foes Hit Jeb Bush's Record on 'Stand Your Ground' Laws
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2015, 11:41:36 AM »
No Bush has been a good president and I doubt this one will either.  They pretend to be conservative but then kowtow to the liberal press (and it doesn't do them any good).  This Bush is pro-amnesty for illegals (or more accurately, amnesty-that-shall-not-be-called-amnesty), and in favor of Common Core, which as I understand it is another expansion of federal control over the public indoctrination centers called schools.  The only thing good about any Bush is that the Democrat they ran (or run) against is even worse.  But even the Ebola Virus is better than Obama or Hillary, so that isn't saying much. 

It's my understanding that Nebraska does not have a so-called stand your ground law because we don't need one; our law does not have a duty to retreat as I understand it.  I'm sure there are some on here who will clarify that if I'm mistaken. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.