< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun Free Zones  (Read 1095 times)

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
Gun Free Zones
« on: August 02, 2015, 02:02:26 PM »
I looked, but did not see where this topic is discussed. Maybe I missed it?

Why do businesses place "gun free zones" on their businesses? Is it due to they do not like guns? Business liability Insurance? What other reasons?

Is it possible to add to legislation or create new legislation to require the "gun free zones" businesses provide security or an insurance rider to cover loss or damages to individuals in the event of an attack while on their premises. If they wish to disarm people that enter their businesses, then they should be legally and financially responsible should an attack occur.
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Gun Free Zones
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2015, 02:28:39 PM »
This has been discussed quite a bit here.  At the very least, the power of government should not be behind the no guns signs; the worst that should be able to happen is if they see you carrying they can tell you to leave, and if you don't, you're trespassing.  Holding them liable for your security on their premises as well as to and from would be good too.

These signs are posted because some business owners are cattle led by the America-hating bigots of the liberal cult.  Sometimes an insurance company is to blame too, as I understand it, or some other entity.  These problems could all be fixed by good legislation.

Based on what I've seen on this forum, I'd say most of us here would like the Second Amendment be more completely obeyed by the state of Nebraska, meaning that, among other things, the state removes the power of liberal bigots to disarm those who come into their businesses that are open to the public.  For anything like that to happen though we need a higher proportion of loyal Americans in the state legislature.  And you my friend are more than welcome to help us work toward that end.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Gunscribe

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 02:41:25 PM »
Businesses will claim their insurance companies told them to post the signs. Others succumb to pressure from their Police Chiefs and post signs.

An excellent book that addresses this very issue is "Guns in the Workplace" by Chuck Klein. There are a number of copies in NFOA members hands. I know because I have provided the org. with a dozen or so copies. You may be able to borrow one to read or find it for a good price on Amazon. I only have one left and I need to keep it or I would send you one.

Sidearms Training Academy
La Luz, NM

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
« Reply #3 on: August 02, 2015, 02:57:36 PM »
the worst that should be able to happen is if they see you carrying they can tell you to leave, and if you don't, you're trespassing. 

If you came into a gun free zone with a concealed handgun and you were in a life or death situation and you had to neutralize the person threatening your life, would't you be in violation of illegal activity for disobeying the business posted "gun free" sign?
“In a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline Wrmedic

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: August 02, 2015, 09:33:16 PM »
Farmerbob I think you should post this also in newsworthy category as well. I think is is very important we all get behind the military men and women that protect our country. There is also a petition to honor the members that stepped up to fend off the attacker. I would hope that everyone would take the time to sign this   

https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/honor-our-service-members-who-used-their-personal-firearms-fight-back-against-terrorist-attacker-chattanooga

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: August 02, 2015, 09:58:23 PM »
Thank you Wrmedic, I'll do it????
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington