< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: DIY Bullet Feeder  (Read 1638 times)

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
DIY Bullet Feeder
« on: September 07, 2015, 09:17:33 PM »
Awhile back I think it was NEnick post up some free parts for a bullet feeder that I didn't take but thought it would be a great addition to my shared(with my father) Hornday LNL press. We busted added a case feeder yesterday and I decided I would jump into doing a bullet feeder build. Lots of good info on the net about how to build them.

This was a pretty easy looking project. I was going to do a detailed design up to take some of the guess work out of things but I just haven't had the time with studing to sit down on my laptop and and draw things up.

My material so far...

5 gal bucket
3/16" under layment plywood
3/4" mdf
25rpm 12vdc gear motor stolen from a uncompleted annealer project.
Misc adhesive
Misc hardware
More parts I haven't figured out yet.

I have to bucket cut down but but needs cleaned up alot. I then cut down one disk or the 3/16" sheet and glued into the base.

I then took another 3/16 sheet to fit above it to act as the bullet Turner. Remember the inside of the bucket is tapered so each part will be slightly bigger working out from the base. This part will be bolted in place so current caliber plates can be fitted. I will an grinding a sprial groove part way7 around this part once everything is mocked up and a bullet can trace its natural path.

Next was cutting a disk of 3/4" mdf. This will be the hub that sound and brings bullets around. Tomorrow I will be working on laying out notches in the hub for bullets to ride around.

Continue to update as I get things done.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline unfy

• Lead Benefactor
  • !!! SCIENCE !!!
Re: DIY Bullet Feeder
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2015, 09:01:00 PM »
Some you tube videos:

This might be what you're building heh:

This is interesting:

And this is a guy that is explaining how the hornady bullet feeder / collator works, it really should be watched in it's entirety.  It's slow paced but it looks like it covers everything and has plenty of relatively close up video of it doing its thing, etc.

hoppe's #9 is not the end all be all woman catching pheramone people make it out to be ... cause i smell of it 2 or 3 times a week but remain single  >:D

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
Re: DIY Bullet Feeder
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2015, 09:13:02 PM »
Yep first video was my base.

I gave in... And ordered a entirely crimson kit.

I don't have the tools or time to make fixtures to get round enough disks to make things works right.I did get everything cut out and my motor mounted but things would constantly bind.

So instead of making everything I will assemble things. Picked up the basic kit entirely crimson plus a motor since I have everything else in his parts list from my incomplete annealer project. Not sure what the eta is but I will give a review once I get things in.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk