< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: The Thinking that made the Oregon shooting worse  (Read 2025 times)

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
Re: The Thinking that made the Oregon shooting worse
« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2015, 12:38:28 PM »
I'm just curious how you know that instead of taking 5 minutes to change a battery in-store, Apple instead takes the phone, ships it to China, has THEM take 5 minutes to change the battery, then ships it back to America. 

Curious or just confrontational?
Your "5 minute" assumption is just that.  Even if that were true the economy of scale guarantees that service work on Apples are done in China.   I do not know what percentage of phones need their batteries replaced at any given moment but eventually everyone one of them do.  So, at any given time, thousands are being accumulated and returned to China for service and the refurbished iPhones are returned to the service centers.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2015, 04:26:18 PM »
None of which has anything to do with what I said.  It doesn't matter whether the new phone repair store that opened up nearby my house is real or a figment of my imagination.   ::)  Perhaps I should edit my prior post to read, "If you want your kids to rotate and balance my tires for the rest of his life, go right ahead."  Or perhaps, "If you want your kids to ask me if I'd like freshly ground pepper on my bucatini all'amatriciana for the rest of his life, go right ahead."   Please interrupt their video gaming for a moment and tell them now that, yes, I would indeed like just a bit of pepper, and don't forget to rotate in the spare tire please.

Even if the talent of the kids going into the workforce is slipping, that's no excuse to have your children be anything less than the best educated people they can be.  The most important thing you can do is teach them to be good, honest, creative, hardworking people and they will succeed at anything, be it starting their own business or mastering a trade.  However take that good, honest, creative, hardworking kid and give him the advantage of an education and the world will really be his oyster.

"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
« Reply #22 on: November 08, 2015, 06:39:22 AM »
Curious or just confrontational?
Your "5 minute" assumption is just that.  Even if that were true the economy of scale guarantees that service work on Apples are done in China.   I do not know what percentage of phones need their batteries replaced at any given moment but eventually everyone one of them do.  So, at any given time, thousands are being accumulated and returned to China for service and the refurbished iPhones are returned to the service centers.

So---just like many other things you've said in this thread, you don't actually have anything to back up your pronouncements? 

Again,  what information do you have that shows anything that supports the idea that all iPhones are shipped to China for battery changes?  Do you have any information that even some phones are shipped to China for battery changes?
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com