< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Senate Committee approves Michaels' nomination to head OSHA  (Read 1194 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Senate Committee approves Michaels' nomination to head OSHA
« on: November 20, 2009, 01:30:00 PM »

http://www.pointoflaw.com/archives/2009/11/senate-committe.php

David Michaels, President Obama's nominee to be Assistant Secretary of Labor for Occupational Safety and Health, just had his nomination voted out of the Senate HELP Committee. Despite serious concerns about Michaels' views on science, law and business -- see Point of Law posts -- the committee never held a confirmation hearing to question him and today's vote occurred with no discussion.

Sens. Tom Coburn (R-OK) and Richard Burr (R-NC) voted no.

Another real winner here.  Anti-gun of course.  That is a pre-req for anyone in the Obama positions of power.  It really bothers me to see that the committee didn't even have a hearing.  :angry9: Outrageous.

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Senate Committee approves Michaels' nomination to head OSHA
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2009, 02:12:23 PM »
I agree!  OUTRAGEOUS!!!  Time to go down to the loading bench and load another AR mag!!!!!!

These spineless morons in Washington keep doing stupid $%#@ and I'm gonna have to get me more mags to load when they %$&! me off!!!!!

Gentleman and ladies, I believe we're going to need a firm plan to defend ourselves against tyranny!!!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.