< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NE gun free zone efforts  (Read 1948 times)

Offline TroyR

• NFOA Full Member
NE gun free zone efforts
« on: October 06, 2015, 03:11:36 PM »
I'm curious to know if there are any current actions being taken by NFOA or other groups to reduce or remove the gun free zones in Nebraska.  I plan to begin personally lobbying my representatives but wanted to also get involved if any larger group activities are in motion or planned. Sorry if this has been discussed recently and I missed it. Thanks.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: NE gun free zone efforts
« Reply #1 on: October 06, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »
Which specific gun free zones?    We have made efforts on many fronts, schools, public properties, parking lots, etc.   

If you become a full NFOA member (http://nebraskafirearms.org/join-the-nfoa/)  you can see the members only section of the forum.  Here is a link to the 2015 legislation efforts.  Prior years are searchable as well.

We are happy to discuss specifics, just ask.   Checking out the past bills and reading the discussions of those bills is a great place to start.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #2 on: October 06, 2015, 07:10:24 PM »
Best part is all that info is free.  The NFOA is there for us and unlike some other big organizations that shall remain un-named they don't charge us for the privilege of being informed.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline TroyR

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 09:42:17 PM »
My question is about all gun free zones. I think most or all should be eliminated. If there are coordinated efforts I would like to be aware of those. I have signed up for the NFOA more than once but won't see a status change. I see the difference in the forum be the NFOA and have signed up for both. I am unsure why I don't show NFOA status. I signed up several weeks ago. Thanks for the comment.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: October 09, 2015, 10:16:52 PM »
My question is about all gun free zones. I think most or all should be eliminated. If there are coordinated efforts I would like to be aware of those. I have signed up for the NFOA more than once but won't see a status change. I see the difference in the forum be the NFOA and have signed up for both. I am unsure why I don't show NFOA status. I signed up several weeks ago. Thanks for the comment.

DanW or Administrator can help you with being a Full Member.

the NFOA is trying to get gun free zones eliminated and/or uniform signage, but the Anti-gun Judiciary won't move many pro gun bills out.  spread the word and help us get more active members!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2015, 08:34:54 AM »

It says you are a full member above your avatar...
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2015, 10:36:22 AM »
It says you are a full member above your avatar...

Dan must  have gotten that corrected recently.  Thanks Dan

You should be able to see that link i posted now.

Offline TroyR

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2015, 12:22:28 PM »
I see that it is updated on my membership now.  Good deal.

Is there recommended activity that we can do individually at this point? 

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2015, 03:57:11 PM »
I see that it is updated on my membership now.  Good deal.

Is there recommended activity that we can do individually at this point? 

i would suggest getting in touch with your representative now and let them know how you feel and introduce yourself.  be friendly and sincere.  additionally, some draft letters or draft emails ready when the next Legislative session starts in January (i think its January).  after that, make sure to join us for our monthly breakfasts, Legislature days or anything else we are doing.  we are all volunteers.  no one gets paid.  the more people we get to turn out, the more power we have.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official