< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Upcoming NFOA Twitter campaign...  (Read 597 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Upcoming NFOA Twitter campaign...
« on: October 22, 2015, 06:29:37 PM »
I am looking to start some Twitter campaigns, which are basically ads that will pop up in people's timelines.  One for generic member sign up/join, LB289 - State Preemption, the start of the session in Jan and maybe others.  We have some time to mull over the details but here's what I am looking for.... I am looking for ideas on how to start some conversation with Senators and to spur people into action.

Basics of Twitter:
140 characters
23 characters for web addresses - all links are shorted automatically by Twitter
23 characters for pictures

So if I have one link and one pic, that is already 46 characters (94 characters left).  This is why I need help brainstorming ideas.  Other ideas are money bombs on Twitter and Facebook to coincide with other events.

Can you help me make a Tweet to help me out?

*If you want, you can PM your ideas if you don't want everyone to see your ideas.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Upcoming NFOA Twitter campaign...
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2015, 09:06:37 PM »
Bueller?  Anyone?

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 06, 2015, 09:33:58 AM »
Tell your state senator to support LB289: stop local bureaucrats from denying you your right to bear arms

According to my computer this is 88 characters.  Unless spaces are counted too, in which case it's 105 I think.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2015, 01:39:04 PM »
Tell your state senator to support LB289: stop local bureaucrats from denying you your right to bear arms

According to my computer this is 88 characters.  Unless spaces are counted too, in which case it's 105 I think.

Unfortunately, spaces are counted. Keep trying.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2015, 03:13:58 PM »
LB289 will stop local gov from denying your right to bear arms. Call your state senator now (91)

LB289 will stop local gov from disarming you; call your state rep now (69)

Stop unreasonable gun control by local gov with LB289: call your state senator now (83)

Preempt arbitrary disarmament and arrest with LB289: call your state rep now (83)

Don't let local gov disarm you: tell your state rep to support LB289 now (72)

Protect your right to bear arms from local gov abuse: tell your state rep to support LB289 (91)

Stop abuse of power by local gov: tell your state senator to support LB289 now (78)

Local gov will abuse power and disarm you: tell your state senator to support LB289 (84)

Tell your state rep: obey the oath you swore to defend my right to bear arms: support LB289 (91)

Tell state senators: you swore an oath to defend my right to be armed: support LB289 (84)

NE law says our right to arms shall not be infringed by state or local gov. LB289 enforces it (93)
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: November 06, 2015, 05:40:13 PM »
hmmm... those are nice.  i'll have to see if i can roll them out sometime soon.

any and all ideas are welcome!