< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Urban Carry Holster  (Read 3519 times)

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
Urban Carry Holster
« on: November 09, 2015, 05:21:40 PM »
This looks to be a pretty nice IWB alternative.   A friend of mine sent the info to me and he is planning on buying one.   I'm thinking of waiting til he gets his so I can check it out in person before I order.     http://urbancarryholsters.com/holsters-38/original-urban-carry.html

"What, me worry?"  ~ Alfred E. Neuman

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Urban Carry Holster
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2015, 08:40:00 PM »
Be sure to report back when it arrives, and you get a chance to see it.  Saw this posted on facebook a couple days ago, but didnt bother watching it till now.

Like the concept of deep concealment.  I just wish they could do something that wasnt so bulky on the belt exterrior.  Alays been kind of my hangup with iwb and tuckd in shirts. 

Offline RedBird

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2015, 09:14:41 PM »
I agree that it looks a little weird hanging off the belt with a tucked in shirt. It's an interesting alternative to the SmartCarry system. The thing I like about SmartCarry is that you can wear it without a belt so you can wear sweatpants or athletic shorts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline MartyB

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2015, 09:26:47 PM »
A friend sent me a link to check this out yesterday. 

I have two concerns, based solely on this video:

1)  I don't think I would be comfortable with a piece of leather that thin and pliable containing my Glock with a hot trigger.

2)  Drawing from that floppy thing...I don't see an example of a good grip in the video.

I feel more comfortable with my gun snapped into a rigid piece of Kydex, on a belt that is going to hold it securely in place. 

...just my opinion; it may work perfectly for others.

I'd be curious to hear from anyone that tries it out.

« Last Edit: November 09, 2015, 09:45:57 PM by MartyB »
Marty

NFOA Member, NE CHP Holder, GSSF Member, NRA Life Member, Glock Certified Armorer

Offline wcr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 08:32:31 AM »
I carry IWB a lot of the time.  Three seasons of the year I can
carry any way (IWB, OWB, shoulder) because I'm usually wearing
a vest or outer garment.  This looks like an excellent way to carry IWB in hot weather.  During the summer I like to carry my sunglasses in a  case, horizontally on my belt and from the pictures this looks like my sunglass holder case on my belt.  No one ever pays any attention to  my sunglasses case on my belt.  This looks like it would work for the summer when the shirt is tucked in or when wearing a tighter shirt.    If carrying a hot
trigger it looks like it wouldn't be hard to sew a small square of extra or stiffer leather, on the outside, over where the trigger is.  If any one gets one of these I would also be interested in reading a update report on how it works out.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 10:04:43 AM by wcr »

Offline barmandr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 10:44:46 AM »
Try drawing the gun out of that rig from a seated position.  Bet it doesn't work worth beans.  I'll stick to an IWB or OWB where I can draw from any position.

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 02:36:45 PM »
I agree that it looks a little weird hanging off the belt with a tucked in shirt. It's an interesting alternative to the SmartCarry system. The thing I like about SmartCarry is that you can wear it without a belt so you can wear sweatpants or athletic shorts.

SmartCarry looks interesting.  i'm always looking for something better for being tucked in at work.  Do you own this, and like it enough to recommend?

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 07:40:24 PM »

Looks intresting enough but like others have brought up it will be very difficult to make a proper grip. The gun over time will form in the leather but not enough for me. That draw has been praticed a lot to be that smooth. Majority of people do not practice drawing enough to have much any type of proficiency. Deep concealment is deeper problems

I will admit I also do not tuck my shirt or have to wear dress clothing often. When and if I do I will be attending a funeral or some formal event that i may not carry.  I personally think people are to worried about printing. Where the correct clothing and a quality holster and enjoy.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 09:08:49 PM »
Some excellent comments on this holster...particularly on drawing when in a seated position.  I'm not sure how that really works with the Urban Carry.  Myself, I have issues with any IWB in a seated position.  Maybe it's because I'm not as svelte as I once was.   When driving I will move whatever I'm carrying to a better location.  When sitting while I am out and about, I simply put up with being uncomfortable for the duration.  I guess thats why I (we) have many holsters to fit the different situations where we think we're going to be.  Personally, I like OWB because of access & comfort, but I don't, unless I'm out hunting.  My work prevents me from carrying or even having a weapon in the parking lot...plus the dress code isn't conducive to carrying either.  So, my carrying is limited mostly to trips & errands around town.

I'm going to patiently wait on my friend to get his, assuming he follows through with purchasing, then I'll be able to give it a thorough look and report back.   

Offline RedBird

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2015, 07:50:04 AM »

SmartCarry looks interesting.  i'm always looking for something better for being tucked in at work.  Do you own this, and like it enough to recommend?

I do own it and would recommended it for carry with gym shorts or sweat pants. I find the draw much more difficult when wearing a belt and prefer a kydex IWB holster for that.

I'm interested to hear more about how this Urban Carry holster works out as well.

Offline bradhaas

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: December 09, 2015, 04:36:10 PM »
Any update, zofoman?  A friend showed me this yesterday, so now I'm curious: http://gfycat.com/TerribleUniqueBushsqueaker  lol

Offline zofoman

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: December 10, 2015, 08:06:41 PM »
Any update, zofoman?  A friend showed me this yesterday, so now I'm curious: http://gfycat.com/TerribleUniqueBushsqueaker  lol
LOL....no, no updates yet.   I need to light a fire under that guy.  He's the kind that takes his time doing anything.

Offline tstuart34

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2015, 05:15:47 PM »
LOL....no, no updates yet.   I need to light a fire under that guy.  He's the kind that takes his time doing anything.
Anything?

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #13 on: March 21, 2016, 09:09:17 PM »
Concealed Carry Magazine just posted a video on this holster.

Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan