< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Why Americans remain armed  (Read 1788 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Why Americans remain armed
« Reply #20 on: November 13, 2015, 05:04:05 PM »
Just going to jump in on this thread..... Why Americans remain armed: the Paris tragedy going on now.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: November 14, 2015, 09:44:23 AM »
My prayers go out to the victims of the terrorist attacks in Paris last night.  May our Lord Jesus take them into His kingdom, and comfort their loved ones.

I heard something about the terrorists wearing body armor if I remember right.  And based on other news events that is not uncommon in these kinds of crimes.  So this is an example of how downgrading the arms of the militia downgrades our ability to deal with these kinds of threats.

I'm sure most of us here remember the cop-killer-bullet propaganda campaign a few decades ago that led to armor-piercing handgun bullets being outlawed, in spite of the fact that no cop had been killed by the so-called cop-killer-bullet.  This was a bait and switch campaign intended to outlaw a great deal more than it claimed, and in fact not long ago the traitor Obama's team of traitors tried to use the illegal edict as an excuse to outlaw common 5.56 ammo.  What the current threat from armored terrorists shows us now is that what might have seemed like a subtle and insignificant downgrade to the arms of the militia at the time does reduce our ability to deal with the kind of threat the militia should be able to deal with today. 

I don't know if armor-piercing pistol ammo would give us a capability against armor-clad terrorists that would be a significant improvement over more standard ammo; if it was legal it would be worth looking into though, maybe loaded into a .357 or 10mm.  I know hard bullets have less stopping power than softer bullets.  But it would make sense in light of the threat we face today for us to have the right to carry an extra magazine loaded with armor-piercing ammo, because situations like the one Parisians found themselves in could increase suddenly and exponentially in today's world, and it would seem to be better for bullets flying toward the terrorists to have enhanced penetrating capabilities, even if they are just pistol bullets.

Compact shoulder-fired carbines would also be a huge improvement against these kinds of attacks, and there are those who would be carrying them under bulky jackets if it was legal to keep and bear those types of arms.  And there is absolutely no legitimate reason for there to be a minimum legal length on rifle barrels, nor is there any legitimate reason for burst capability to be illegal.  These are arbitrary downgrades to the arsenal of the militia, and incidents like the one in Paris show very clearly how these seemingly minor downgrades greatly reduce the ability of the American militia to deal with very real threats.

And add to that the fact that even in France, which has strict gum control laws, the terrorists were able to arm themselves very well. 

This is why patriots should fight back against every one of these assaults on freedom, as aggressively as we can.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #23 on: November 14, 2015, 11:41:10 AM »
These invasions are stealthy and are supported by progressive's ideologies.

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"-- George Washington

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #25 on: November 14, 2015, 09:54:49 PM »
I don't remember this happening back in April? I am getting older or the media down played it because it didn't fit their narrative?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/africa/kenya-university-attack/index.html

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #26 on: November 14, 2015, 09:56:48 PM »

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #27 on: November 14, 2015, 09:58:05 PM »
I don't remember this happening back in April? I am getting older or the media down played it because it didn't fit their narrative?

http://www.cnn.com/2015/04/02/africa/kenya-university-attack/index.html

that story didn't fit in with sparklefarts story on mooslems
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline farmerbob

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #28 on: November 14, 2015, 10:04:12 PM »
that story didn't fit in with sparklefarts story on mooslems

Or his anti gun propaganda, these things only happen in the US?