< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: It is good that Sheeple exist, in a way...  (Read 1286 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
It is good that Sheeple exist, in a way...
« on: November 14, 2015, 10:32:46 AM »
https://precisionresponse.wordpress.com/2015/11/14/it-is-good-that-we-have-sheeple-in-a-way/

"Previous generations fought, built, and worked so that many people now have lives so good that it doesn’t occur to them that personal safety is something they should be responsible for.  In a strange way, it is a tribute to the people who have fought so that so many citizens of the U.S. believe that they don’t need to worry about their own personal safety, that defense is something that can be handled by others."

Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline Greybeard

• Bronze Benefactor
  • Live Free or Die!!
Re: It is good that Sheeple exist, in a way...
« Reply #1 on: November 14, 2015, 10:49:11 AM »
I can see the truth in that statement. The unfortunate thing is that the wheel of time is turning, and self defense, and defense of loved ones is becoming a necessity.
WØCHF

Offline abbafandr

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 06:50:12 AM »
2 thoughts come to my mind:
When seconds count, police are there in minutes.
I am not going to go like that!

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: November 16, 2015, 11:29:02 AM »
2 thoughts come to my mind:
When seconds count, police are there in minutes.
I am not going to go like that!
can i get a amen !
IMO there are 3 types of people in this world maybe 4 depending on how you look at it.
1. wolves = will attack , steal from or harass any one . and commit crimes of all kinds

2. sheep = will put there heads down and act like they seen nothing , heard nothing , and let the wolves do as they please and hope they will not be targeted by the wolves again. N Omaha comes to mind. police respond to a shooting at a party with 20+ people at the party, few killed & wounded no one saw a thing. or will not say till crime stoppers offers a reward so they can get paid

3. Sheppard's = will do any thing they can to protect  them selves and others. 

4. the lucky few? = those that live in a area that have no wolves till the day they do..... and are unprepared . we all know luck will only carry you so far and may/will run out at some point in time...

i would rather go out trying to defend myself then lay down and still get shot. don't get me wrong every situation needs to be read for what it is . so you may have to act like a sheep till the wolf is at ease , or closer . or till your shot is clear. but you will do your best and in life that is all we can hope for...
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”