< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Social Media  (Read 643 times)

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Social Media
« on: December 06, 2015, 10:25:08 AM »
I've been told many times that you can never predict when something will go viral.  This weekend is proof of that.

First, I want to draw your attention to Justin Fader and Robert H., two very active NFOA members that have put a lot of time into growing our social media presence.

Robert setup our Twitter account and has been managing that all year.  He has been doing a great job with that.  Many of our forum members may not use twitter, or any social media, but that is an important communications medium for our organization.  I appreciate the time that Robert has put into this.

Facebook has been an active social media outlet for the NFOA for awhile now.  Several members were active in getting that page setup originally and Justin Fader stepped up to manage our Facebook page of the past year or so.   Justin has spent considerable time creating graphics to go along with posts and has kept the page fresh and current.

This weekend Justin found a great commentary about concealed carry written by fellow Nebraskan Brian Cerny.  He asked Brian for permission to share that commentary and posted on the NFOA page with a related graphic.  This post has exploded!    In the 48 hours or so since this was posted, it has been seen by 14,413,291 people.   Yes, over 14 million views!  It has been shared by 171,996 people and received over 7,200 comments.

You can never predict what will go viral.  We certainly didn't expect this kind of response.  It would not have happened without the exhaustive efforts of Justin.    The lasting impact of this post is in the great growth this resulted in our page likes, increasing our reach of future posts.

Thank you Justin and Robert for all the work you each have put into the NFOA social media!

« Last Edit: December 08, 2015, 08:48:52 AM by RLMoeller »

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Social Media
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2015, 12:06:27 PM »
if you haven't been to that FB page, take the time. There are some very interesting comments being made. The commentary from both sides goes from the usual to lets say the extreme. Some is laughable and some just make you want to cry. Cant believe all the out of country antis showing up.
Good work Justin.
D.R

Offline thirtydaZe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2015, 04:33:19 PM »
I saw it go by on twitter, was a very cool read.  Had no idea it exploded like that.

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: December 06, 2015, 10:36:08 PM »
I saw and shared it. I was pleasantly surprised with those of my friends/ family that shared it as well.

Very nice indeed.