< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Nebraska State Patrol CHP Instructors Expiration Notification  (Read 1736 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Nebraska State Patrol CHP Instructors Expiration Notification
« on: December 08, 2015, 10:26:48 AM »
So..........How's About These Apples:

======================================================
Hello "SFG":

This is a courtesy notice reminding you that your CCW Instructor certification will be expiring soon on X/XX/XXXX. We recommend applying to have your certification renewed as soon as possible as the renewal process can take up to 4 months to complete, especially if your curriculum has changed.

Attached you will find the updated Instructor application as well as the most recent CCW application to hand out to your class. Please note that if your curriculum has changed, you will want to supply the curriculum at the time of being fingerprinted.   Please review The Nebraska Admin Code, Chapter 21, sections 25-27  to ensure that you continue to follow the instructor obligations.

If you have any question regarding the curriculum please use the following contact information.

Nebraska State Patrol
Attn:  Lieutenant XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
P.O. Box XXXXXXXXXXX
Lincoln, NE 68XXX=XXXX
xxxxxx.xxxxxxxx@nebraska.gov

If you have any questions regarding the CCW Instructor application process, please contact the CCW permits team at the below contact information.

Thank you,

CCW Permits Team

Criminal Identification Division, Nebraska State Patrol

xxx.xxxxxxxxxxx@Nebraska.gov

====================================================

And in addition to the above email advance notification, I also received a personal phone call from a Nice Lady at the NSP CID in Lincoln with the same information.   When I thanked the Nice Lady, she said, "It's a New Thing we're doing."

Let's hear a round of applause for the New Thing.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Nebraska State Patrol CHP Instructors Expiration Notification
« Reply #1 on: December 08, 2015, 10:44:22 AM »
WOW did not see that coming !!! are they calling to only notify  "CCW Instructor certification will be expiring" are they notifying every one with a expiring ccw too or just the instructors ?

would be nice if in a few years i will get a call or snail mail to say heads up go get your renewal app in ! if i get that call i too will thank them up down and side ways .. guess i will see in a few years lol or after some one who is not an instructor posts they got the call  and/or the mail .  i dread not remembering i once went 6 months past my DL renew date lol ... and this one would be a HUGE fee to miss "having to retake the class + full fee to get a new permit" 
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: December 08, 2015, 10:49:32 AM »
I'm guessin' that it's probably only this one:

...are they calling to only notify  "CCW Instructor certification will be expiring"...

But even That's quite an improvement over past practices.   Hope they keep it up.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2015, 11:14:53 AM »
yes indeed it is an improvement , i called troop A in Omaha and was refereed to the main Lincoln office and asked if this was going to trickle down to all ccw's and was told NO it is only for the instructors.  Cristal did say that from now on all instructors should get a notice. but they do not have the man power to call 400,000 + ccw's . i did say maybe some day they could automate it so every one gets a notice in the mail ... but in the foreseeable future it will only be the instructors ..

I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 08, 2015, 11:23:50 AM »
This is apparently new ... .my co-instructor (who will be renewing for the first time) got the same letter. 

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #5 on: December 08, 2015, 12:16:46 PM »
CID Office in Lincoln is now responsible for CHP Instructors (no longer Grand Island).

There is one Lieutenant then here in Lincoln who is responsible for curriculum

Should be a positive change for the program

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #6 on: December 09, 2015, 10:18:37 AM »
yes indeed it is an improvement , i called troop A in Omaha and was refereed to the main Lincoln office and asked if this was going to trickle down to all ccw's and was told NO it is only for the instructors.  Cristal did say that from now on all instructors should get a notice. but they do not have the man power to call 400,000 + ccw's . i did say maybe some day they could automate it so every one gets a notice in the mail ... but in the foreseeable future it will only be the instructors ..

I can tell you that they have the system in place to run the reports of who is expiring and also automate the printing of the letter. They would just need to set this up and work on the envelope stuffing.  But it is probably not a high priority at this point.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #7 on: December 09, 2015, 10:24:50 AM »

Not sure if you just fat fingered the number when typing..... But there are only 40,000 CHP holders

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: December 09, 2015, 01:07:36 PM »
Not sure if you just fat fingered the number when typing..... But there are only 40,000 CHP holders
is there a web site that keep track in real time how many permits are issued ? 40,000 seems a bit low lol

NO i meant to say 400,000 - four hundred thousand ! when i called she said they don't have the man power to call 400,000 + people to say your ccw is about to expire , but do call the instructors she said it's a new program they started and all should be called / mailed from now on . not that i care how many others have a CHP but that is what she said...  then i asked about a automated system etc ..  and she continued to say that CHP is a privilege and not a requirement like needing DL or plates for your car etc..

seems that in loose terms don't care if they expire it is each persons responsibility to make sure they stay up to date ..and thats why they don't contact us?  but they will contact the instructors because no instructors = no 100$ for the permits , same as letting peoples chp expire why make $50 on a renewal when they can make $100 when they say you have to start all over.. may be a bit sinical but there ya have it..  i have my lap top set to remind me in the calendar app . so heres to hoping my laptop don't take a crap on me lol ...

i do agree they have the means to send the mail to each of us but for the near future it seems like they are not willing to do so...  i even told her i would be willing to pay extra to be contacted IE pay for the paper, envelope and stamp etc to be contacted , at one time i let my DL expire for 6 months with out knowing it .. i don't want to have to pay 115 for the class + the 100 for the permit and jump thru hoops to get the app notarized and bring it back etc.. but will do if i have too 

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2015, 05:46:38 PM »
is there a web site that keep track in real time how many permits are issued ? 40,000 seems a bit low lol

NO i meant to say 400,000 - four hundred thousand ! when i called she said they don't have the man power to call 400,000 + people to say your ccw is about to expire , but do call the instructors she said it's a new program they started and all should be called / mailed from now on . not that i care how many others have a CHP but that is what she said...  then i asked about a automated system etc ..  and she continued to say that CHP is a privilege and not a requirement like needing DL or plates for your car etc..

seems that in loose terms don't care if they expire it is each persons responsibility to make sure they stay up to date ..and thats why they don't contact us?  but they will contact the instructors because no instructors = no 100$ for the permits , same as letting peoples chp expire why make $50 on a renewal when they can make $100 when they say you have to start all over.. may be a bit sinical but there ya have it..  i have my lap top set to remind me in the calendar app . so heres to hoping my laptop don't take a crap on me lol ...

i do agree they have the means to send the mail to each of us but for the near future it seems like they are not willing to do so...  i even told her i would be willing to pay extra to be contacted IE pay for the paper, envelope and stamp etc to be contacted , at one time i let my DL expire for 6 months with out knowing it .. i don't want to have to pay 115 for the class + the 100 for the permit and jump thru hoops to get the app notarized and bring it back etc.. but will do if i have too 

No website, but I request that number a few times per year from NSP, and just happened to get the number a few weeks ago. It is in the low 40k's.... NO WHERE NEAR 400,000.... So either they misspoke, or someone was stretching it quite a bit