< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: how to practice a quick draw  (Read 1112 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
Re: how to practice a quick draw
« Reply #1 on: December 24, 2015, 05:30:00 PM »
Stupid is as stupid does. Let's all of us learn from his mistake.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2015, 09:40:28 AM »
So is this one of the guys that's competent to bear arms because he works for government, but those of us who don't work for government are not competent to bear arms?  I'd like to know if this guy supports civilian disarmament, because only trained police officers are able to bear arms safely.  And was this practice session part of his training?

If he's going to play with his gun like Barney Fife his boss should have told him he could only carry one round, and it had to be kept in his pocket until (God forbid) he needed it.  That would have prevented this accident.  I can think of other things that would have prevented it too...
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: December 25, 2015, 09:55:33 AM »
Stupid is as stupid does. Let's all of us learn from his mistake.

Good point.

Unfortunately, This Guy's story reminds me of some of my Very Own Really DumbA$$-ery Tricks.

Hate when that happens.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Kodiak

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 30, 2015, 07:46:17 AM »
So is this one of the guys that's competent to bear arms because he works for government, but those of us who don't work for government are not competent to bear arms?  I'd like to know if this guy supports civilian disarmament, because only trained police officers are able to bear arms safely.  And was this practice session part of his training?

If he's going to play with his gun like Barney Fife his boss should have told him he could only carry one round, and it had to be kept in his pocket until (God forbid) he needed it.  That would have prevented this accident.  I can think of other things that would have prevented it too...

You say that almost as if the vast majority of cops don't support citizens carrying.

Offline bullit

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 30, 2015, 04:04:31 PM »
Didn't the Des Moines Police Chief ventilate his hand with a gun recently ?

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: December 31, 2015, 08:41:35 AM »
Des Moines County Sherriff, not Des Moines police chief....but yes, he did.

http://bearingarms.com/anti-gun-sheriff-negligently-shoots-hand/

Edit: Not trying to beat semantics on what his position is, but I'm assuming that Iowa is similar to Nebraska in that, there is a difference between the county sheriff and city police (similar to OPD and Douglas County Sheriffs Department).

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 31, 2015, 09:16:45 AM »
You say that almost as if the vast majority of cops don't support citizens carrying.
Not at all my friend; I follow this issue closely, and am well aware that the overwhelming majority of police are patriots.  But the image of uniformed police officers standing next to traitors like Bill Clinton and Barack Obama while they demand civilian disarmament is still in my mind, so when I see something like this I always wonder if the one who did something stupid might be one of those exceptions, and if he is, it would be good to point it out.   
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Sandhillian

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: December 31, 2015, 09:30:12 AM »
Des Moines County Sherriff, not Des Moines police chief....but yes, he did.

http://bearingarms.com/anti-gun-sheriff-negligently-shoots-hand/

Edit: Not trying to beat semantics on what his position is, but I'm assuming that Iowa is similar to Nebraska in that, there is a difference between the county sheriff and city police (similar to OPD and Douglas County Sheriffs Department).

Plus, the city of Des Moines is in Polk County, which is in the center of the state.  Des Moines County is on the eastern border with Illinois, which helps to explain the anti-gun sheriff a bit more.

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
« Reply #9 on: January 01, 2016, 07:10:49 PM »
What kind of draw do you think he was practicing?  How does one go about putting around into the ceiling?

Was he practicing his quick draw while standing on his head? Of course he is pretty flexible apparently.  He must be to have his head placed so squarely up his arse.
The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper