< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Douglas County Judge bans Officer's Firearms  (Read 1699 times)

Offline Thanke

• Forum Member

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Douglas County Judge bans Officer's Firearms
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2015, 08:37:48 AM »
Oh good, a judge making a political stand...
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2015, 09:38:48 AM »
This was my favorite part:

"On the credibility issue, he [the liberal nitwit posing as a judge] said, he believes a gun can influence jurors by adding an air of credibility or power to an officer who testifies."

We sure wouldn't want law enforcement officers being lent "an air of credibility" now would we.

I think all of this judge's decisions should be closely reviewed.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline SS_N_NE

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2015, 10:08:37 AM »
Maybe if a defendant throttles the Judge and officers stand aside for lack of "credibility or power" a change of opinion could occur?

I understand the concept of limiting lethal weapons in an emotional environment (although don't really agree with it related to the general populace...involved parties excluded). It make no sense to eliminate any control of that emotional environment. If the Judge feels obligate to advise the jury to ignore the officer's firearm as credibility or power...then that is his scope of advise.

If we don't trust our LEO's then why are they allowed weapons to begin with? Wow....sounds like the UK or something. Obviously, LEO's have the right to self-defense as the rest of us. When expected to provide defense to the rest of the public...they should have elevated right to their own self-defense in all situations where that expectation is expected.

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2015, 10:39:16 AM »
Douglas County District Judge James Gleason is a older guy and looks to me as some one who has been a judge for awhile . so what gives lol all of a sudden he takes a stand on no guns lol he take a hit to the head ? we need to stand together and vote this nut job out of his job!

poll with 19,298 votes after the story http://www.ketv.com/news/judge-police-at-odds-over-armed-officers-in-court/37013364#comments  seems allot of ANTI cop people voted  only 10% yes
Should police officers be allowed to carry their service weapons into court when testifying?
Yes
10%
No
90%
BACK TO POLL»
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2015, 12:59:37 PM »
would like to add that this ketv poll is crap http://www.ketv.com/news/judge-police-at-odds-over-armed-officers-in-court/37013364#comments  if you refresh the page you can vote again , and keep refreshing / voting all day . seems that the anti cop / anti gun people have nothing better to do .
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2015, 09:38:12 PM »
According the World Herald article, Gleason once wanted to disarm the disarm the deputies providing security in his courtroom. He says he lost that argument which implies that someone with more sense overruled him.

Many years ago, a defendant charged toward the jury because he didn't like their guilty verdict. Fortunately, the deputies present were able to take him down before he reached his target.

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: December 20, 2015, 07:33:55 AM »
Note to self! Vote James Gleason out next time I see him on the ballot!

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline GreyGeek

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: December 21, 2015, 12:52:48 PM »
A gun could go off, even accidentally, and harm someone, the judge said.

So can a judge's mouth, and more often than an officer's gun going off "by accident" in a court room.