< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Anyone have a Swiss K31?  (Read 1660 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Anyone have a Swiss K31?
« on: December 31, 2015, 05:22:56 PM »
i saw this thread on ARFCOM's C&R section.  a guy found a name under his Swiss K31 and was able to contact the man who it was originally issued to in Switzerland!  its a pretty neat (although short) story.

ARFCOM thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_14/455906_Putting_a_Name_and_Face_to_My_Swiss_K31.html
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
Re: Anyone have a Swiss K31?
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2015, 07:47:45 PM »
Robert, I've read several reunions of firearms to issued users in the last couple of years.  Normally, the name/information is under the butt plate.  Very cool stories.

Offline NE Bull

• 2011 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
    • A "friend's" blog
Re: Anyone have a Swiss K31?
« Reply #2 on: January 01, 2016, 08:55:20 AM »
I remember a story a few years back of a fella that wanted to buy a Garand for his father(grandfather) . ( I might have posted it here)  Any who, he was searching for one for sale and just for giggles he typed in the serial # of the rifle that was issued to him (per his military records), and found the very exact M1 he carried in the war!!!
The quote I remember most from the article was the old fella remarking that he was a much younger fit man back then, having carried that big ol rifle all those miles!

This isn't it, but here's another bought thru CMP.  1 in a 6million chance- indeed.
“It is not an issue of being afraid, It's an issue of not being afraid to protect myself.”
 Omaha Mayor Jean Stothert
 "A gun is a tool, Marian; no better or no worse than any other tool: an axe, a shovel or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."  Shane