< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Some food for thought on Terrorist Attacks, by Greg Ellifritz  (Read 1376 times)

Offline JTH

• NFOA Full Member
  • Shooter
    • Precision Response Training
Some food for thought on Terrorist Attacks, by Greg Ellifritz
« on: January 18, 2016, 05:30:23 PM »
Food for thought, from Greg Ellifritz:

"Last Thursday, ISIS terrorists conducted a series of coordinated attacks in Jakarta, the capital of Indonesia.  As has been the trend worldwide, these coordinated or “symphonic” attacks involved guns, bombs, and grenades.  Up to 14 terrorists conducted the attacks on seven locations in a period of three hours. 

Why should we care about what happens in a third world country thousands of miles from home?  Because that’s where these terrorists refine their tactics.  What we are seeing over there is likely to be what we will see in the United States soon."

Read the whole thing---a number of important points to think about here:

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/the-jakarta-terrorist-attacks

"Look, I get it.  We all want to do the right thing, save the girl, and win the medal.  I want to do that, too.  But I also want to make it home to the people I love.  That isn’t very likely if I jump into a fight like this with the my five-shot .38 snub."

Something to think about.
Precision Response Training
http://precisionresponsetraining.com

Offline TroyR

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Some food for thought on Terrorist Attacks, by Greg Ellifritz
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2016, 07:06:40 PM »
Thanks for posting this.  Excellent read.  There is so much to think about and consider. 

Offline HuskerXDM

• 2014 NFOA Firearms Rights Champion
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2016, 10:42:30 PM »
A good read... I've subscribed. 

Handlers... sniper overwatch... geesh
The master has failed more than the beginner has even tried.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2016, 06:38:12 AM »
These guys are fanatics, not stupid.  You can bet they've factored in armed civilian resistance here.   Of course, GFZ's will be the primary targets.  They're fanatics, not stupid. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller

Offline Kendahl

• Lead Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2016, 10:43:38 AM »
Ellifritz has another one today about the Planned Parenthood shooting in Colorado. It's an example of an attack where a single armed private citizen can be effective. I think the San Bernardino attack is another example because there were only two shooters.