< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: LB289  (Read 1336 times)

Offline RANGER 01

• Powder Benefactor
LB289
« on: January 21, 2016, 01:11:39 AM »
Is it to late to call my senator on bill LB289
Dick
My Oath, taken in 1959, to support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic,still STANDS

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: LB289
« Reply #1 on: January 21, 2016, 06:06:05 AM »
It's not too late. It may be heard today but more likely Friday.

Even if it gets to the floor today it will carry over to tomorrow.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 10:56:19 AM »
Mine is Kathy Campbell.  I sent her a couple of emails awhile back and got nothing but a noncommittal answer.  So I sent her another one a week or so ago and it was not answered, so just a few minutes ago I sent her the following:

Will you support LB289, the preemption bill?  This is necessary to keep local governments from breaking the law that is written clearly and unequivocally in both our federal and state Constitutions regarding the right to keep and bear arms.  Nebraska citizens should not have to fear a patchwork of different laws all across the state, and local governments should not be allowed to infringe on the rights of citizens, when both state and federal law are clear on the matter (though apparently not clear enough for some in local governments who think they are above the law).  So which side will you stand on: will you vote to uphold the law (as you swore an oath to do) or will you vote to allow the law to be broken by corrupt local politicians?  Please let me know.

Thank you

name, address, etc.

I have a feeling that my district is being represented by an anti-gun bigot, though I can't say for sure yet.
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline bennysdad

• NFOA-PAF Lobbyist, NFOA-PAF Website Content
  • NFOA Full Member
  • An Armed Society Is A Polite Society – Robert Hein
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2016, 01:38:57 PM »
Senator Robert Hilkemann stated:

"Yes, I am planning to vote for 289.

Thank you for your comments".
β€œIn a democracy, citizens are supposed to act as partners in enforcing laws. Those forced to follow rules without being trusted even for a moment are, in fact, slaves.” by Jaron Lanier

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2016, 06:55:55 PM »
Senator Robert Hilkemann stated:

"Yes, I am planning to vote for 289.

Thank you for your comments".

I got virtually the same response from him.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud