< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Update: Failed Permit to Purchase, passed NICS  (Read 4513 times)

Offline Mntnman

• Powder Benefactor
Re: Update: Failed Permit to Purchase, passed NICS
« Reply #20 on: April 26, 2018, 03:31:25 PM »
Nikko Allen Jenkins is a reason not to restore Second Ammendment rights.

Thank you!

Perfect example of it totally being ineffective for what you think it’s needed for!

Offline Nettles

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2018, 05:06:10 PM »
Nikko Allen Jenkins is a reason not to restore Second Ammendment rights.
I also had to look him up, but now I'm confused.  Wikipedia must have had the story wrong, because it said that all four of his victims had been shot. Did he have an accomplice they aren't mentioning?  I just don't understand how he could have inflicted bullet wounds on them, since the government had stripped him of his 2A rights. Can someone who's better informed please explain this to me?

Offline Dalamar

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2018, 12:03:41 PM »
  I just don't understand how he could have inflicted bullet wounds on them, since the government had stripped him of his 2A rights. Can someone who's better informed please explain this to me?
I think the point was stripping people of their rights for any reason is idiotic because people who don't follow the law don't follow the law.
No amount of laws will keep bad guys from doing bad things or getting hold of guns. Many laws just hurt the general populace while being ignored by criminals, it's nearing impossible to remember and comply with all of them.

There should be no negotiation or limitation of 2a, period. Only: you do the crime, you do the time.

Offline Nettles

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2018, 12:07:19 PM »
I think the point was stripping people of their rights for any reason is idiotic because people who don't follow the law don't follow the law.
No amount of laws will keep bad guys from doing bad things or getting hold of guns. Many laws just hurt the general populace while being ignored by criminals, it's nearing impossible to remember and comply with all of them.

There should be no negotiation or limitation of 2a, period. Only: you do the crime, you do the time.
I'm with you there; above, I was feigning stupidity to make that exact point to SunsetSig, who didn't seem to have connected those dots yet. ;D