< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Does anyone reccomend any local instructors who teach knife defense?  (Read 1145 times)

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member
Looking for recommendations for any local instructors (Lincoln Omaha area) who teach good knife defense or knife combatives?

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Does anyone reccomend any local instructors who teach knife defense?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 11:40:07 AM »
We have an excellent EDC knife class at 88 Tactical. I just checked the schedule and dont see any on the calendar as of now. Call the office and express some interest, that usually gets them motivated to put stuff on the schedule.

https://88tactical.com/civilian/combatives-self-defense/edged-weapons/

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 03:01:59 PM »
I took two (2) courses in Advanced Pistol from Shawn W  (the poster, just up above).

The second course had a segment in self-defense against knives.

That segment alone was fully worth the entire price of both courses.
   It is still stuck in my head, although I hope never, ever to have to use it.  Knife attacks are really ugly.

If Shawn (a) is teaching the 88Tactical course or (b) highly recommends another person who is teaching the knife defense course, then...........

My recommendation to you would be to sign up for it.

FWIW,

sfg
« Last Edit: January 29, 2016, 03:05:31 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline sjwsti

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 08:30:28 AM »
Thanks for the kind words SFG. Devin C. usually teaches the knife courses for us. Everything Devin teaches is solid and I couldnt recommend him more highly.

- Shawn
"It's not what you know that will get you into trouble; it's what you know that isn't true"

www.88tactical.com

Offline citizen

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2016, 09:19:43 AM »
got it, thanks guys.