< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: S&W SD9VE or 40ve  (Read 1484 times)

Offline chadly

• Forum Member
S&W SD9VE or 40ve
« on: January 30, 2016, 12:18:34 PM »
Has anybody had any experience with these? My girlfriend doesn't want to spend a ton of money on a handgun, but also wants a full size. I've read good reviews, with the only complaint being a stiff trigger pull that apex sells a 20 dollar kit for....

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Offline Husker_Fan

• NFOA Full Member
Re: S&W SD9VE or 40ve
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2016, 01:39:35 PM »
I bought the 9 as a gift for my brother. I tore it apart and was pleasantly surprised by the quality. It shoots pretty well too.

Well with the price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 03:36:37 PM »
if Apex offers and upgrade for it, get it.  maybe have her buy the gun and you surprise her with the Apex stuff for Valentine's Day.  then go shooting to try it out.  that's one awesome V-Day if you ask me!  its not the typical roses/chocolates and you spend a lot of time together.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 06:34:57 PM »
They are hard to beat if that is the limit of your budget.  My first handgun that I bought myself was the Sigma 9 & I still have it.   No plans of selling it either.  It's basically a glock clone as far a function.  There are a few cheaper parts beacuse it is a couple hundred bucks cheaper than a glock.   I threw a flashlight on mine & I have zero doubt that if I pull it out it will go bang!   
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member