< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NRA Specialty License Plates for NE - Mississippi Example  (Read 4751 times)

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
NRA Specialty License Plates for NE - Mississippi Example
« on: December 01, 2009, 07:44:10 PM »
To continue or start the discussion on NRA Speciality License Plates for NE, if anyone is interested.

Uploaded to the ENGC Google group is a JPG file containing a copy of the new Mississippi NRA License plate for those who wish to view it.
Or go to this URL

http://www.mstc.state.ms.us/images/mvl_nationalrifleassn.JPG
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

A-FIXER

Re: NRA Specialty License Plates for NE - Mississippi Example
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2009, 08:07:16 PM »
Shultz,
I like the outlay and if this came to the state I would get one of those... thanks for posting.

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2009, 08:11:25 PM »
I would get one of those also. How do we get this here? Anyone know where to start?
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

No Free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms.
Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #3 on: December 01, 2009, 08:20:26 PM »
60-3,104.02. Specialty license plates; organization; requirements; design of plates.

(1) On or before January 1, 2011, the department shall begin issuing specialty license plates for any organization which certifies that it meets the requirements of this section. The department shall work with the organization to design the plates.

(2) The department shall make applications available pursuant to section 60-3,104.01 for each type of specialty license plate when it is designed. The department shall not manufacture specialty license plates for an organization until the department has received five hundred prepaid applications for specialty license plates designed for that organization. The department may revoke the approval for an organization's specialty license plate if the total number of registered vehicles that obtained such plate is less than five hundred within three years after receiving approval.

(3) In order to have specialty license plates designed and manufactured, an organization shall furnish the department with the following:

(a) A copy of its articles of incorporation and, if the organization consists of a group of nonprofit corporations, a copy for each organization;

(b) A copy of its charter or bylaws and, if the organization consists of a group of nonprofit corporations, a copy for each organization;

(c) Any Internal Revenue Service rulings of the organization's nonprofit tax-exempt status and, if the organization consists of a group of nonprofit corporations, a copy for each organization;

(d) A copy of a certificate of existence on file with the Secretary of State under the Nebraska Nonprofit Corporation Act;

(e) Five hundred prepaid applications for the speciality license plates; and

(f) A completed application for the issuance of the plates on a form provided by the department certifying that the organization meets the following requirements:

(i) The organization is a nonprofit corporation or a group of nonprofit corporations with a common purpose;

(ii) The primary activity or purpose of the organization serves the community, contributes to the welfare of others, and is not offensive or discriminatory in its purpose, nature, activity, or name;

(iii) The name and purpose of the organization does not promote any specific product or brand name that is on a product provided for sale;

(iv) The organization is authorized to use any name, logo, or graphic design suggested for the design of the plates;

(v) No infringement or violation of any property right will result from such use of such name, logo, or graphic design; and

(vi) The organization will hold harmless the State of Nebraska and its employees and agents for any liability which may result from any infringement or violation of a property right based on the use of such name, logo, or graphic design.

(4) The department may adopt and promulgate rules and regulations to carry out this section.
N0ZXR

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: December 01, 2009, 08:22:25 PM »
Thanks Jesse
The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants.
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

A-FIXER

« Reply #5 on: December 01, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
WOW Jesse,
bro you were prepared kudos to you today...

Offline FarmerRick

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • Antagonist of liberals, anti-hunters & hoplophobes
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2009, 08:39:14 PM »
I'd rather see NFOA license plates, but that's just me... ;)
Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.

Offline Nick

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #7 on: December 01, 2009, 09:41:47 PM »
I try to avoid gun-related bumper-stickers, etc. on my vehicles and my home. I see them as a criminal-magnets. So I would probably not get these plates, but I support their creation for people who want them.

Offline Roper

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #8 on: December 01, 2009, 10:27:21 PM »
agree 100% w/ Nick - good for those who want them, but I prefer to keep a low profile.
Concentrated power has always been the enemy of liberty.
Ronald Reagan

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2009, 08:06:07 AM »
The only 2 hard things in the list are: the IRS ruling that we are nonprofit and 500 prepaid apps.

I am not sure if the DMV does this or not yet, it says they have to start on or before jan1 2011. 
N0ZXR

Offline SBarry

• Former BOD, NFOA Volunteer , NFOA Firearm Rights Champion Award Winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2009, 11:05:01 AM »
I'd be in for four if we did an NFOA plate, but I think it is too early to get 500 plates lined up. 
The sheep don't like this sheepdog until the wolves start working the flock.

Offline Chris Z

• NFOA Co-Founder
    • Nebraska Concealed Carry Training
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2009, 08:54:57 PM »
The only 2 hard things in the list are: the IRS ruling that we are nonprofit and 500 prepaid apps.

I am not sure if the DMV does this or not yet, it says they have to start on or before jan1 2011. 

Make that only one hard thing.... Getting 500 plates

NFOA is a non-profit corporation in the eyes of the state and IRS. We are just not tax exempt 501c3 with the IRS

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #12 on: December 03, 2009, 12:07:49 AM »
i might be in for an NFOA license plates.  with 2500 members, couldn't we get 500 interested?

is an NRA/NFOA combo feasible?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

A-FIXER

« Reply #13 on: December 03, 2009, 08:55:11 PM »
I think so... come on all.............

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #14 on: December 03, 2009, 08:58:18 PM »
Don't even think about stealing my idea 

Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline Jesse T

• NFOA Co-Founder
  • XD Shooter
« Reply #15 on: December 03, 2009, 09:00:25 PM »
Doesn't look right dan, I think you need to rephotoshop it on a fruity golden birdy background *rolls eyes* :P
N0ZXR

Offline huskergun

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #16 on: December 03, 2009, 09:12:24 PM »
LOL ! !
« Last Edit: December 03, 2009, 09:26:08 PM by huskergun »
Thomas Jefferson

Thomas Jefferson.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #17 on: December 05, 2009, 06:28:59 PM »
 Member WEShultz has submitted this here  as a proposed NFOA specialty plate.

I love it ...where do I sign up?

« Last Edit: December 05, 2009, 06:30:37 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline RLMoeller

• Sponsor- NFOA Firearm Raffle at the 2009 Big Buck Classic. 2010 Firearm Rights Champion Award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #18 on: December 05, 2009, 06:47:31 PM »
I would get that NFOA plate.  Excellent job WEShultz

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
« Reply #19 on: December 06, 2009, 12:06:41 AM »
It would be nice if we, meaning "the NFOA" were the 1st organization in NE to get specialty plates under the new law next year. It would be added FREE publicity we could use to promote the NFOA. We also have a year to get 500 people to put up $70.00 each to make it happen (that's $35,000). We would need to visit with the Dept of Motor Vehicles to see how to proceed. Would think we (meaning Chris Zeeb and myself or anyone representing NFOA), could visit with the Dept of Motor Vehicles on one of our excursions to Lincoln during this legislative session. I'm sure Chris and I will be in Lincoln sometime together at the same time if we are pursuing "Castle Doctrine" legislation this session. Would be nice if the STATE would be the holders and counters of the money and numbers of people applying. That way if we don't meet the goal of 500 (by some deadline), they could refund the money and we wouldn't have to have someone holding the cash. Think they always keep a list so people don't end up with the same numbers. Also think we should start with plate numbered 1 and go up in count as they originally did with the UNL plates years ago. Guess first of all we need to get buy-in on the design of this plate and/or give others the opportunity to come up with another design....just my thoughts.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!