< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: NRA Specialty License Plates for NE - Mississippi Example  (Read 4755 times)

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: NRA Specialty License Plates for NE - Mississippi Example
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2010, 08:55:30 PM »
Wes,  I have put up a poll on the NFOA main website asking the question to our members about specialty plates.

The majority of people I have asked say we would not have the numbers to do this at this time.

I  love the idea, but the price may be to high for most to pay.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2010, 08:57:44 PM by Dan W »
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
« Reply #21 on: March 11, 2010, 01:44:34 PM »
From the NE DMV Web Site: The NFOA would have to come up with the 500 PREPAID $70.00 applications (the $35,000.00 in advance), before this will ever happen.

An organization that meets the following requirements may make application for creation of a specialty plate representing that organization:

The organization is a nonprofit corporation or a group of nonprofit corporations with a common purpose.
The primary activity or purpose of the organization serves the community, contributes to the welfare of others, and is not offensive or discriminatory in its purpose, nature, activity, or name.
The name and purpose of the organization does not promote any specific product or brand name that is on a product provided for sale.
The organization is authorized to use any name, logo, or graphic design suggested for the design of the plate.
No infringement or violation of any property right will result from the use of such name, logo, or graphic design.
The organization will hold harmless the State of Nebraska and its employees and agents for any liability that may result from any infringement or violation of property right based on the use of such name, logo, or graphic design.
Applications for specialty license plates will be accepted from organizations on an on-going daily basis on and after January 1, 2010. Upon receipt of an application the Department will acknowledge the receipt or request any additional information that is required. Certification or denial of the applications will occur on a quarterly basis (March, June, September, December).

Shortly after an application has been certified the organization will be notified that the required 500 prepaid applications from individuals for such license plate design along with one form of payment for the total amount due of $35,000 ($70 per application) may be submitted. Upon receipt of the 500 prepaid applications and payment the Department will begin production of the specialty plate design for that organization and will open the application for such plates to the public.

A suggested design for the plate may be submitted with the organization?s application, or it may be submitted with the 500 prepaid applications.

Delivery of organizations? specialty license plates to individuals who have ordered specialty license plates will begin in January 2011. Individuals who have ordered specialty license plates prior to January 1, 2011 shall have their plates delivered in January 2011. All specialty license plates will be delivered to the county treasurer of the county in which the motor vehicle, trailer, semitrailer, or cabin trailer is registered.

There is no limit to the number of vehicles owned by an individual that may be registered with organizational license plates and there are no restrictions on which plates may be applied for (you do not have to belong to an organization to purchase the license plates representing that organization).

The fee for the plates is $70, which is due at the time of initial application and upon every annual registration renewal. The DMV will assign the plate number (an alpha numeric combination) at the time of application (there is no customer chosen message option available for these license plates).

Current plates and registration must be surrendered when the organizational plates are registered. Additional fees for production of the license plates and new registration will be charged by the County Treasurer.

Questions regarding Organizational License Plates maybe addressed to E-Mail or by contacting this office at 402.471.3918.

If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

Offline Hardwood83

• Powder Benefactor
  • Molon Labe
« Reply #22 on: March 17, 2010, 12:15:38 PM »
This would be worth it just to avoid the hideous standard plates we normally get.
"A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity." Sigmund Freud

Offline maanbr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2010, 09:37:49 AM »
Why is there a charge of $70 for each year after the initial registration to have the specialty plate?  Plates/registration is already high enough in NE, I'd have to pass on this, but I support those who would like to do it.

Offline JebM

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2010, 11:24:30 AM »
This is the charge that you have to pay for any specialty plate, just like the Huskers plate.

Offline maanbr

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2010, 03:21:52 PM »
I knew that JebM, I have just always wondered why they charged the extra money each year even though you already have the plate.

Offline JebM

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • NFOA Full Member
« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2010, 05:18:53 PM »
My wife has a specialty plate and we curse that $70 every year.  Seems to me it should only be a one time fee.

Offline WESchultz

• Powder Benefactor
  • ENGC & NMA
« Reply #27 on: March 19, 2010, 06:21:54 PM »
What we really need to do is find a NE State Senator who will sponsor an LB next session to lower the statutes required 500 initial prepaid licenses for any organization to something more reasonable like 200 initial prepaid licenses. And, then see if we can get the annual $70.00 renewal fee either dropped or donated to the NGPC or some other worthwhile sporting organization like the NFOA.... The only way we'll know is if we can get a State Senator to support such an LB and to see then if it has any legislative support. The legislature can always throw it out or pass it. There's a lot worse legislation that gets to the legislature annually.
If you don't know your rights, you don't have any!

Offline Renegade

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on: March 22, 2010, 07:21:22 PM »
I'd get one in a heartbeat

Offline 00BUCK

• Powder Benefactor
« Reply #29 on: April 04, 2010, 04:11:56 PM »
Not for me, I am in the "lay low, let it be a surprise" camp.
I don't wear a shirt that says "Don't screw with me, I'm packin'". They would be one in the same IMO.
« Last Edit: April 05, 2010, 06:01:55 PM by 00BUCK »

Offline Wilson

• NFOA Full Member
  • Not as lean...Not as mean...Still a Marine!
« Reply #30 on: April 05, 2010, 05:28:03 AM »
I too am a lay low guy. As a pastor ministry guy, it's not something I let everyone know.

Offline Dark Helmet

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #31 on: April 14, 2010, 09:44:16 AM »
I'd put one on my wife's car...