< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: 2 Feb 2016 snow storm  (Read 2639 times)

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
2 Feb 2016 snow storm
« on: February 02, 2016, 09:01:16 AM »
WOW was just out scooping the snow and it is wet and heavy "back is killing me" and  we still got the rest of the day of snow to look forward too  >:D

feel free to post your days adventures: i plan on staying in and doing my porch every few hours so i can take the dog out to P and maybe pop  the starwars movie bundle in to watch them all again and may be make some hot chocolate & popcorn ;D
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline greg58

• Lead Benefactor
Re: 2 Feb 2016 snow storm
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2016, 09:26:26 AM »
Just got in from plowing my driveway with my Plow-Blazer.
The fact that my lane is muddy underneath makes for a sloppy mess and I actually got the Plow-Blazer stuck and had to pull it out with my pickup. Luckily it is not too cold out, Yet!!
The County maintainer went by a while ago, hope we don't get a lot of drifting, or I may be stranded for a while.

Greg58
Pants Up!  Don't Loot!

Offline jFader

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2016, 09:59:30 AM »
I just woke up...I never sleep in this late but I figured that a snow day off of work was a rare occasion.
I plan on finishing some drywall work on my kitchen ceiling, definitely going to go sledding a few times with my 5 year old, going to take our black lab puppy out for a game of fetch,  & of couse I got the snow blower gassed up.
The 2nd Amendment is not open for debate!

NRA Member
SAF Life Member
Proud NFOA Member

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2016, 11:55:33 AM »
Just finished second plowing of the driveway and walk.  All clear now, down to concrete.  Snow blower worked just fine.  For a change.  Frankly, Didn't know it could.  WTH, It's a Toro.

Anyhow, the "blinding, blizzardy snow-storm" with its projected 50mph winds has kinda fizzled out here in the 120th & W. Center/Omaha area.  Somebody else get my storm?

City plows totally blocked driveway of guy next door.   His tax $$$ at work.   I'll go unblock him after a cuppa hot choklit.   He'll come home, wonder WottheHell???

Biggest downside of this event: Nowhere to shoot outdoors for a week.

Have fun.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline m morton

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2016, 12:13:02 PM »
out here in the 120th & W. Center/Omaha area. 
you live out by where i use to live off 127 and C street then i got hurt at work , hurt my back and had to sell it and move back in with M&D and talked them in to moveing out west to get out of the ghetto at 60th and manderson to off 144 maple way better out here lol ... i miss my old house...
I will allow myself one personal observation. If you want to disarm yourself, that is your choice. The following quote is a favorite of mine and something to keep in mind when you make that choice.

“Sheep don’t tell wolves what’s for dinner.”

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2016, 12:28:01 PM »
My snow thrower was struggling in the heavy snow, but at least I didnt shovel too much.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline 3rdGENump

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2016, 01:49:50 PM »
Still snowing and blowing in Cozad.  Easily 3-4 ft drifts.  No plows running because of visibility issues.  It's going to take a couple days to get back to normal. 

Offline Lmbass14

• Powder Benefactor
  • Red Horse - Semper Ducimus
« Reply #7 on: February 02, 2016, 03:01:46 PM »
My neighbor snow blowed my drive (I've done his quite a few times) and his wife made us some homemade chocolate chip cookies.  Talking about livin' large and livin' the dream.......

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #8 on: February 04, 2016, 01:13:33 PM »
Still snowing and blowing in Cozad.  Easily 3-4 ft drifts.  No plows running because of visibility issues.  It's going to take a couple days to get back to normal. 
I heard that you guys out west were clobbered.  Hope there weren't too many problems because of it.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline Mark B

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: February 04, 2016, 06:48:09 PM »
Finally got everything cleaned up. My little snowblower got a real workout on some of the drifts. The coffee shop talk says 17" although somebody mentioned that a young girl said she only got 7". Not touching that one. A couple of the old gals needed milk. One needed a chew bone for her dog, other than that no emergencies, just the usual heavy snowfall.

Offline Lorimor

• NFOA Full Member
  • Relay 2
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2016, 08:32:42 PM »
My 30 something y/o snowblower was once again, worth its weight in platinum.  3' deep, densely packed snowdrifts in both driveways.  The 10" we got looked more like 12" to me.  The snowblower worked hard just to clear the sidewalks in the neighborhood.  Low gear all the way. 

The older I get, the more that snowblower is worth.  Just clearing the end of the driveways after the snowplow went by would have been a monumental task. 
"It is better to avoid than to run; better to run than to de-escalate; better to de-escalate than to fight; better to fight than to die. The very essence of self-defense is a thin list of things that might get you out alive when you are already screwed." – Rory Miller