< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gerber Kiowa Tactical and Mini Paraframe  (Read 1937 times)

Offline mikkojay

• Forum Member
Gerber Kiowa Tactical and Mini Paraframe
« on: February 06, 2016, 12:51:26 AM »
I have never been a knife guy.
The longest I ever carried any sort of knife was my Leatherman for a couple years while in the USN- until some POS stole it out of my locker.  I was pissed about the financial loss, so I guess my frugal nature talked me out of buying another decent daily carry knife or multi tool for fear of losing it again.  (yeah, I know- I am a cheap ass)

I saw a deal on the clearance rack tonight at Menard's that I couldn't pass up.   
I picked up this 2 pack tonight for $19.99

Gerber Kiowa Tactical and Mini Paraframe - 2 Knife Bonus Pack - This pack includes both the Kiowa Tactical Knife and the Mini Paraframe Knife.

Kiowa - Tanto Style Blade
Owing to its 3" tanto blade in matte black. Its gnarly serrated section for sawing. And its handy lanyard hole for easy attachment.The handle is aggressively sculpted of glass filled nylon, with skateboard tape inserts for extra control in tough scenarios. Finger positions are ideally configured for ergonomic efficiency and comfort in multiple defensive postures.As hard-charging folders go, a guy can do a whole lot worse than the pocket clip Kiowa.

Paraframe Mini - Stainless, Fine Edge
The smallest of the eight knives in the Paraframe series, the Mini is based on the same frame-lock design. It’s a beautifully simple open frame knife with a fine-edge blade that is lightweight, easy to clean and opens effortlessly. Built with a smooth stainless steel handle and a clip for secure travel, the Paraframe Mini is what a small everyday carry folder should be.

The reviews for both knives were pretty solid, so I snapped up a few of the 2 packs (thinking of stocking stuffers for next year)  I figured that it's tough to go too wrong for twenty bucks.

It was at the Menard's in Omaha near 120th and Dodge, and they had at least a dozen or so left when the store closed this evening.  The clearance endcap in the southeast corner of the store.

-Mike

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Gerber Kiowa Tactical and Mini Paraframe
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2016, 08:19:30 PM »
are the blades pretty sharp?  have you tried them out yet?  do they hold an edge?
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline mikkojay

• Forum Member
Re: Gerber Kiowa Tactical and Mini Paraframe
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2016, 10:46:08 PM »
As far as sharp goes, I would call them "utilitarian", but then again I am no expert.  I have had them for a total of 1 day. 
The little one will just be a tackle box extra or something like that.  The main knife is not fancy, but it has a solid feel and is extremely light weight.  It seems like it would be light enough to be barely noticeable in your pocket- that is what I like about it most so far.