Handguns, Rifles & Shotguns > Handguns

Glock Gen4 RSA

(1/2) > >>

wcr:
Decided to clean my Glock 19 Sunday.  All was fine until I reassembled it.  When I had it together I racked it to ensure the trigger was working (no ammo in it) .  To my surprise the RSA (recoil spring assembly) was sticking out  through the hole in the front (below the barrel).   This bothered me a lot imagining what pressure an actual recoil would have put on it.  Definitely not good in a self defense situation.  Anyway I got it back together, but am distrustful of it now.

Got on the internet and googled, "glock spring problems" and found there was a recall by glock.  "Glock Spring Exchange Program".  Part of the text reads,

"GLOCK is replacing the RSA in all Gen4s sold before July 22, 2011 at no cost."
and has a contact phone number (M-F).

I've had no problems prior to this and really like the G19.  Mine was bought before the listed date.  Below is a link to information their Recoil Spring Exchange program with a phone number.

Link:  https://us.glock.com/customer-service/recoil-spring-exchange

They are closed today I'll be phoning them Monday.    There are a couple of YouTube videos on the issue.   I know we have some Glock Armorers in the forums any info they could supply would be appreciated.

Dan W:
Was it just the rod sticking out?

Or was it the spring ?

Lmbass14:
wcr, heard that was a problem on the gen 4's.  I'm happy with my gen 3's, the gen 4's aren't as comfortable for me.  ymmv.

wcr:
I believe it was the rod.

Dan W:

--- Quote from: wcr on February 07, 2016, 05:28:32 PM ---I believe it was the rod.

--- End quote ---
That can happen when the RSA is not properly seated on the correct (lower) barrel seating notch

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version