< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Gun-Cleaning Expert in SouthWest Omaha: LeeM  (Read 1102 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Gun-Cleaning Expert in SouthWest Omaha: LeeM
« on: January 18, 2016, 02:27:44 PM »
LeeM of this Forum........

Did an outstanding job of cleaning up the dirty, grease-caked, filthy-grimy action of my Browning Citori 12ga O/U trap gun today.  Degreasing solvents, bronze and nylon brushes, Q-tips, Simple Green and WD40 ultrasonic baths, hi-velocity air jets, elbow grease........all that and more were used.   C'mon....that gun was dirty!

The shotgun was due for deep cleaning after some 12-15,000 rounds through it since purchase from previous owner.  Having never done such a cleaning task on this type of firearm, I was not willing to attempt it by myself.   Mostly because I wouldn't know what to do with all the extra leftover shotgun parts remaining after re-assembly.

LeeM is thorough, knowledgeable, careful, meticulous, and quick.  And careful with the finish on the shotgun.  All that, and more.

So--if you live near Omaha and have a dirty shotgun, rifle, pistol, or boomerang that you don't wish to mess with yourself, you will do well to contact LeeM by PM on this Forum to satisfy your cleaning needs.

Plus..........He does FFL-type firearms transfers.

And........His price was right.

Finally.....now that I know how to clean that shotgun myself, next time I'm still gonna take it to LeeM.

sfg
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:24:17 AM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline DenmanShooter

• NFOA Full Member
  • Fear No Evil
    • SolidRed
Re: Gun-Cleaning Expert in SouthWest Omaha: LeeM
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2016, 09:28:06 PM »
Mostly because I wouldn't know what to do with all the extra leftover shotgun parts remaining after re-assembly.

Yes that is a bear.  :)

Nice to appreciate someone who does a great job.

The golf course is a willful and deliberate misuse of a perfectly good rifle range!      Jeff  Cooper

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: January 21, 2016, 05:47:41 AM »
Yes that is a bear.

And what's really scary is when the gun still seems to cycle properly and otherwise be OK.

Get out of the way, John Browning.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Ghostzapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 10:30:12 AM »
Looking for a gun cleaning service is actually what landed me in these forums. Google linked me directly to this post. There really aren't a lot of options in or around Omaha from the looks of it, so if he's really taking on cleaning projects, I'd love to get into contact with him.

When I try to click on LeeM's name I get an error. Probably because I am a brand new user. So yes, if you could guide me on how to get a hold of him or get him to get a hold of me, that'd be great. Would like to give him some business.

Thanks!
Tom

Edit: Nevermind! Found the appropriate buttons, sending him an email now.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 10:35:45 AM by Ghostzapper »

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 11:09:43 AM »
LeeM can be readily reached by PM on this Forum.   EZ lookup on Members List, up at top of Home page.  Clik on LeeM on Members List and then clik on Send Personal Message on Profile page.  (As a Forum member, Member's List should be accessible to you.   Maybe DanW can help if it isn't.)

Anyhow, you can use his regular email: l.mcmurray1947@gmail.com

And he can also be reached at 402 990-3490.   Be watchful....he'll want to talk you into going trapshooting.   Right now.

Not too long ago he cleaned a batch of 35-40 guns from the private collection of another Forum member; he's primed and ready.

He gets them US Marine-clean.

A Good Man to ride the river with, as they say.

sfg
« Last Edit: February 22, 2016, 11:18:24 AM by SemperFiGuy »

Offline Ghostzapper

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 11:55:22 AM »
Thorough, thank you!

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 12:30:56 PM »
  Mostly because I wouldn't know what to do with all the extra leftover shotgun parts remaining after re-assembly.

I get those all the time, a gun in a box, and there not sure if all the parts are there. or if there are any extra that don't belong to the gun!!
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 05:44:14 PM »
Shooter:

Y'know, I'm thinkin' you can really clean up on gun parts.

Guns, the prices can be established pretty narrowly in a national market on gunbroker.com, armslist, etc., etc..   All you gotta do is check to see at what price any gun of interest was sold.

But Parts................

Parts are hard to find.   Folks don't even know their proper names.   And Brownells and Midway only carry a few parts.   And they carry more gunsmithing tools than actual gun parts.

So it seems that you can charge whatever you want for parts.   Up to the price of the whole gun.

You are gonna Get Rich with all your leftover parts.

But maybe you'll need a Junkyard Dog to protect your stuff.

Just thinkin' out loud.

sfg