< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Who Shoots an SCCY CPX-1 or -2??  (Read 1599 times)

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Who Shoots an SCCY CPX-1 or -2??
« on: February 23, 2016, 07:42:33 PM »
Wuz browsing ARMSLIST.  (Too tight-fisted to pay to go to a movie.)

Ran into this cheeeeeeep-ie 10-round 9mm carry handgun priced at $219 from DE Guns in Lincoln.  It's an SCCY CPX-2*.

Prissily thought to self:  "What Damfool would gamble his personal self-defense against such a cheap piece of plastic?"  Just because it's cheep and looks kinda cool?

But being a Curious Type, I did some websearching.   Started w/Hickok45, who is the Grandaddy Guru of Practical Handgunnery Videos.   (And one super handgun shot, BTW.) 
Anyhow, H45 has a 25-minute review of this little SCCY Booger that unclicked my negativity button.   

Plus another 20-minute gun-torture review by iraqveteran8888, where he dropped the gun in the mud, then shot a full mag underwater.  Threw it off a 20-foot roof, shot full mag.  Ran over it several times with his truck, shot it some more.  Drenched it in maple syrup, and then shot it without a hitch.  I won't mention the peanut butter test and the other odd trials he put it through.   Kinda like a standard Glock test.

So I'm starting to twitch for one of these SCCY CPX-2 Cheepies.

Anybody on this Forum got one?  Shot one?

sfg
*BTW, it has a Full Lifetime Guarantee.  On the gun. 

« Last Edit: February 23, 2016, 07:53:04 PM by SemperFiGuy »
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline bkoenig

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
  • Aspiring cranky old gun nut
Re: Who Shoots an SCCY CPX-1 or -2??
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2016, 09:01:10 AM »
I've looked at them but have no experience with them.  The reviews Ive read have generally been good, but I seem to recall hearing about problems with the early production pistols.

Offline gsd

• 2013 NFOA Firearm Rights Champion award winner
  • NFOA Full Member
Re: Who Shoots an SCCY CPX-1 or -2??
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2016, 11:35:59 AM »
First gen SCCY's had some issues, second gen is just fine. Of the close to 100+that Randy and Cruze have sold at Thunder Alley, they've sent back 1 or two for repairs, and one was user error. (Squibbed a handload and nicked the barrel drilling it out, they replaced free o' charge.)
It is highly likely the above post may offend you. I'm fine with that.