< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: guns in church clarification  (Read 949 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
guns in church clarification
« on: April 01, 2016, 03:22:48 PM »
As I understand it the criminal gang in the statehouse allows citizens to exercise our Constitutional right to bear arms in church as long as certain conditions are met, those conditions being:

1. You have a CHP issued by Nebraska (or presumably by a state whose permits are recognized by Nebraska).
2. You have permission from the church leadership.
3. The church notifies its membership in writing that there is armed security.

Does the government edict state what form the written notification has to take or specify what it has to say?  Would a note on a bulletin board in a common area of the church stating that the church has armed security be sufficient, for example?

I'm a firm believer in concealed carry over open carry, but does the edict specify that a gun in church has to be carried concealed?

Is there any law in the city of Omaha that goes beyond state law in this matter and either prohibits it outright or places more conditions on it?

Edit: This probably should have been posted in laws and legislation.  I don't know what got into me.
« Last Edit: April 01, 2016, 04:00:37 PM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline cftj

• NFOA Full Member
Re: guns in church clarification
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 06:39:22 PM »
http://nebraskalegislature.gov/laws/statutes.php?statute=69-2441

(c) A place of worship may authorize its security personnel to carry concealed handguns on its property so long as each member of the security personnel, as authorized, is in compliance with the Concealed Handgun Permit Act and possesses a permit to carry a concealed handgun issued pursuant to the act and written notice is given to the congregation and, if the property is leased, the carrying of concealed handguns on the property does not violate the terms of any real property lease agreement between the place of worship and the lessor.

Not everyone can carry in a church, but only 'member of security personnel'

Our church is currently developing a safety and security team, some of us will be armed.   As for notification, I'm not aware of any specifics, I believe Lincoln Berean just has it printed in a 'safety' brochure on the rack with all the other pamphlets and handouts.

Does anyone have better info?
if my people who are called by my name humble themselves, and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven and will forgive their sin and heal their land. - 2 Chronicles 7:14 ESV

Offline Mudinyeri

• God, save us!
  • NFOA Full Member
  • Run for the Hills
Re: guns in church clarification
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2016, 10:53:38 AM »
There are no specifications for the written notice.  Anything in writing would satisfy the letter of the law.

To carry openly in the city of Omaha, one must have either an Omaha Open Carry Permit or a state concealed carry permit.  The firearm must be registered with the city of Omaha unless the carrier has a state concealed carry permit.