< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: ATF 41F, how did I miss this?  (Read 1949 times)

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
ATF 41F, how did I miss this?
« on: March 22, 2016, 01:07:44 PM »
Well, it's done. Responsible parties in a NFA trust will have to submit photo and fingerprints unlike before. ( for trusts created after July 13th, 2016.) However, no CLEO signoff required, just a "notification" like the one for the C&R FFL.

http://www.nfafa.org/atf41p.cfm

However I have read other places that the new ruling also eliminates the CLEO signoff for individual applications. True?

Any lawyer types read the 248 page atf document yet?

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
Re: ATF 41F, how did I miss this?
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2016, 01:15:36 PM »
if it don't, we at least need a new ruling, that after you get the first stamp. any other stamp would just be issued, I already went thru this several times, including the same thing for my FFL.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: March 22, 2016, 01:28:56 PM »
I also read some things about not having to re-submit photo and prints if  nothing changes with the "responsible party" for a 2 year period- ie you can apply for tax stamps for NFA items for 2 years after the initial photo/prints submission.

Also that not all in the trust have to submit photo/prints if they are not the ones "in control" of the trust, but they can possess NFA items??

When I get a few hours (days, weeks?) to myself I will peruse the ruling, or just wait for someone to publish the  "NFA for dummies" book.

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #3 on: March 22, 2016, 02:04:04 PM »
Here's what I remember, someone correct me if I'm wrong....

After July all trusts, LLC and corporations will have to submit photos and fingerprints. Also CLEO notification.

There used to be a 2 year window, but I've read/heard that the ATF back tracked on it.

The responsible person would be the person who runs the trust. Beneficiaries are not subject to fingerprints, etc since they cannot control the NFA items. So it's not bad if you're the only one, but if you share ownership with others, then its a pain.

My advice, buy a lot now before July, then adapt to the new laws. I won't buy much after July. I'll be NFA'ed out, unless I find something awesome.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline dkarp

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: March 22, 2016, 02:25:34 PM »
And hopefully the Hearing Protection Act of 2015 (H.R. 3799) gets passed. (Hey, I can dream, can't I?) Then the main things I want won't need the $200 tax stamp...

http://americansuppressorassociation.com/

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official