< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Lincoln registration of handguns  (Read 792 times)

Offline DR4NRA

• NFOA Full Member
Lincoln registration of handguns
« on: April 12, 2016, 01:05:06 PM »
Does anybody know how to get a couple of handguns off of Lincolns list? Moving out west and see no reason for them to keep the records.
D.R

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: Lincoln registration of handguns
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 01:09:11 PM »
There is only one way I can think of...sell them and report the sale to LPD
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 01:57:35 PM »
Would it be legal to sell them to a friend, report the sale to LPD, and then the friend sell them back without reporting it to LPD?  Do all transactions have to be reported in other words?

I assume both sales would have to go through a dealer, which probably means two charges of $25 per gun. 
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline hilowe

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2016, 06:05:31 PM »
Would it be legal to sell them to a friend, report the sale to LPD, and then the friend sell them back without reporting it to LPD?  Do all transactions have to be reported in other words?

I assume both sales would have to go through a dealer, which probably means two charges of $25 per gun. 

Not necessarily. I just bought a handgun off of my sister-in-law's boyfriend.  The best way we found was for me to get the Nebraska Handgun Purchase certificate (since I don't have my CCW yet, that's what I'm going to use this handgun to get).  he filled out 2 bills of sale (1 for him, 1 for me), and then I had to take it to OPPD to register it (since I technically live in Omaha city limits, damn it).  Police had no issues, other than I was at their headquarters at 11 at night to register it.

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #4 on: April 12, 2016, 08:13:07 PM »

Would you really ask a friend to do that?

No need to involve the FFL if all parties have required purchase permit or CHP

Here is the ordinance
9.36.030 Report of Sale of Firearms.
Any person, firm, association, or corporation dealing in firearms of any type shall, on the same day of the sale of any firearm, except a shotgun or a rifle of a type commonly used for hunting, report the sale to the Police Department on forms as prescribed and furnished by the Police Department. The report shall contain all the information requested thereon. (Ord. 15625 §3; July
9, 1990: P.C. §9.28.025: Ord. 15443 §1; February 20, 1990: prior Ord. 7936 §1; December 26,1962).

My added Notes: Does not apply to any valid CHP holder
          Only applies to sales within city limits
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.