< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: who to vote for in primary  (Read 2001 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
who to vote for in primary
« on: April 12, 2016, 02:14:33 PM »
I just opened my absentee ballot and since position on the 2nd Amendment is a good litmus test for distinguishing between a loyal American and a traitor, I'd like to know if anyone here knows which of the following would be the best candidate from our perspective.  I don't want another phony Republican piece of liberal trash like my current state senator, Kathy Campbell.  Here are the names on my ballot:

Legislature:
Leslie Spry
David D Tagart
Suzanne Geist
Jim Gordon
Dale Michels

State board of Education:
Bob Rauner
Stephanie Bohlke-Schulte
Patricia A Koch Johns

NRD:
Dennis Frank Macek
Paul Morrison
Larry Hall

Jeff Fortenberry is the only name on the ballot for Congress and that's fine with me

I'd like to send an email to the state Republican Party explaining the importance in keeping liberal trash RINOs from getting nominated and reminding them that trash of their ilk is the reason so many patriot voters have lost faith in the Party.  Who would be the best person or persons to address my email to, and does anyone have their email address?

There is also a bond issue on the ballot for stormwater runoff; I usually just vote against any bond issue: they squander enough money they should be able to find what they need somewhere else.   

Thanks
« Last Edit: April 12, 2016, 02:17:51 PM by depserv »
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: who to vote for in primary
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2016, 06:28:53 PM »
At this point the NFOA-PAF has not made an endorsement in LD25, we have received one questionnaire reply from David D Tagart. We would appreciate any feedback you can give us about the Legislative candidates in your district.

Offline ILoveCats

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2016, 08:00:31 PM »
I don't know about his gun control position, but I believe Dale Michaels would be a very strong conservative on the legislature.  He is a respected physician, family man, and leadership figure in his church.  I heard him interviewed on KLIN radio station and was impressed with his eloquence and intelligence when he was quizzed on issues involving assisted suicide, medical marijuana, and the other types of issues that you would expect they would ask a physician.  They did not get into issues of gun control, but I think he would be very approachable and amenable if NFOA member constituents approached him.
"Absinthe makes the heart grow fonder." ~ FCK

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2016, 11:36:31 AM »
I contacted one of the candidates, Leslie Spry, and asked a few questions.  I'm copying and pasting the part of his response that is pertinent to this forum.  I hope we can do better than this guy, though we could certainly do worse.  I'll look for contact information for the other ones too, when I get time.

I am not a member of the National Rifle Association.
I do support the 2nd Amendment and am a gun owner.
I would support the registration of my fire arm and would support registration and background checks for newly purchased fire arms of all kinds.
I do not own an assault weapon and do not know what I would use it for, but for law-abiding citizens who would agree with registration, I would support your right to own such a weapon.
I believe that urban areas need to enforce local gun laws for the protection of citizens and law enforcement officers.  I do not think the State law should nullify local gun laws.
I would trust the judgement of local law enforcement personnel as to the need for local gun laws and their enforcement.
I am a Republican and am generally more conservative, especially on fiscal issues.
I come at most issues with my experience as a leader in the medical community and feel I want to see all Nebraskans be prosperous and successful.  I want government to be efficient and cost effective in the delivery of services to the citizens of Nebraska.

Regards,
Les

Leslie Spry MD FACP FASN FNKF
Candidate for Nebraska Legislature, District 25
Lincoln Nephrology & Hypertension
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline Sandhillian

• Steel Benefactor
« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2016, 12:03:32 PM »
I read that Les Spry's registration as a Republican is a fairly recent occurrence.  Evidently he has voted as a Democrat for 42 previous elections.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2016, 12:07:21 PM by Sandhillian »

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 01:07:27 PM »
I read that Les Spry's registration as a Republican is a fairly recent occurrence.  Evidently he has voted as a Democrat for 42 previous elections.
somehow I'm not surprised...

Offline GreggL

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2016, 05:25:09 PM »

Perhaps one of his potential constituents should ask for his understanding of LB 289 and how he would vote on it.....
Government not being restrained by the Constitution as written is tyranny pure and simple.

Offline parker20

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2016, 09:18:55 PM »
Jim Gordon believes in registration as well

Offline RICHARD D LONG

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2016, 03:30:14 PM »
In Buffalo County, for Legislature, be aware that Bob Lammers holds the following position on concealed carry.  This is an excerpt from an email he sent to me: "I am opposed to people being able to carry a concealed weapon.  I have been a fairly active hunter during my lifetime, especially water fowl and have nothing against the right to bear arms.  I do however have a problem with concealed weapons and assault rifles, or weapons of that nature".

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2016, 05:23:54 PM »
In Buffalo County, for Legislature, be aware that Bob Lammers holds the following position on concealed carry.  This is an excerpt from an email he sent to me: "I am opposed to people being able to carry a concealed weapon.  I have been a fairly active hunter during my lifetime, especially water fowl and have nothing against the right to bear arms.  I do however have a problem with concealed weapons and assault rifles, or weapons of that nature".
This guy is a fool and so is anyone who votes for him.  He says he supports the right to bear arms, but only as long as you don't carry them concealed.  Does that mean he supports open carry in public places?  I doubt it.  So it looks to me like what he is saying is that he supports our right to bear arms, but only as long as we don't bear arms.  This is a logical impossibility: a only if not a. 

The same thing applies to his view on so-called assault weapons.  We have a right to bear (and presumably also to keep) arms, but only if what we keep and bear are not arms.  The slogan assault weapon (and its derivatives) means 20th Century arms, and their being arms is part of the reason they should supposedly be outlawed.  So according to this guy there is no right to have arms for defense of ourselves, our families, and our communities, but apparently there is some right to have devices that are just as lethal like long range rifles and shotguns, but only as long as their purpose is trivial (sport in other words).

What is more dangerous than gun control is such outlandish lies being so commonly told by the political class, over a period of decades, and the liars keep getting elected.     

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2016, 05:29:12 PM »
Perhaps one of his potential constituents should ask for his understanding of LB 289 and how he would vote on it.....
He sent me an email saying he'd be interested in seeing comments on the positions he gave, so I sent him a long explanation of why one who holds some of them will not get the patriot vote.  There were a couple of paragraphs on LB289.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2016, 05:06:34 PM »
After doing what research I could I came to the conclusion that Suzanne Geist is the one I will support for my district (25).  She and Dave Tagart both get an A from NRA/PVF (actually Aq).  I've talked to Suzanne but not Dave.  She convinced me that she will be a reliable supporter of the right to keep and bear arms in Nebraska.  I asked her specifically about LB 289 and she assured me that she would have supported it and will do so if there is an opportunity to do so.

Offline AAllen

• NFOA Co-Founder
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2016, 12:52:53 PM »
Did you ask why she did not respond to the NFOA-PAF survey, nobody from your district did. It makes it hard to make endorsements and encourage support for candidates that won't. It brings to question if they will listen to what we Nebraska gun owners want or what will play well with the Washington insiders.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2016, 03:19:09 PM »
Did you ask why she did not respond to the NFOA-PAF survey, nobody from your district did. It makes it hard to make endorsements and encourage support for candidates that won't. It brings to question if they will listen to what we Nebraska gun owners want or what will play well with the Washington insiders.

She actually did talk about that.  What she said is when you run for political office apparently you get sent a lot of surveys and filling them all out ends up taking a lot of time and she didn't fill out all of the ones she got (at least that's what I understood her point to be).  An A grade from the NRA is a good part of her resume' though.  I told her that I had tried to contact her through her campaign web page and did not find a way to do so.  She said if you click on the help my campaign button you get something that allows you to send her an email.  I did tell her that she should do more to make her position on this issue known, because it's very important to a lot of us.