General Categories > Survival/Emergency Preparedness

GHB or Get home Bag

(1/6) > >>

FLUFF:
With the snow this week end in Hastings, I took a little time to rotate the stock in my "GHB" in all of my vehicles this weekend.

New Batteries, fresh MRE's and fresh Food items.

I don't intend on walking home or abandoning my vehicle unless I really need to

You do have a GHB don't you ?? or you just going to call 911

Man skooping snow sucks !! :angry9:

Jesse T:
If you're like me you should keep a good pair of boots in your car.  Nothing would suck more than walking 3 miles in 6" of snow wearing dress shoes :\  Also make sure you have adaquate warmth layers, a good warm hat, gloves, and extra warmth layer like an old sweater. 

Of course batteries for a light, and a knife.  A bottle of water, a basic med kit, and a couple energy bars to round it out.  I even threw several chemical warmers in my kit just for comfort sake. If you're like me and work in a gun-free zone, make sure you've at least got your weapon and a spare mag or two in the car ready for you!

FLUFF:
Ha !! What are dress shoes??

It must be the redneck in me. I havn't worn dress shoes since the day I got hitched.... ;D. Steel toe'd work boots would get awfull cold in the snow also.

Anyway I agree with you 100% you got to be ready for anything mother nature blow's up !! or when ever Murphy's law strikes

Also..You also have to be sure to have supplies and equipment for every passenger that you normally carry ( I have a wife and two kids)

Jesse T:
Hmm, who knew, there ARE some benefits to being a single male.  Only have to have preps for 1 :D

Dan W:
So, lets talk about the bag itself.

What are you fellas using to hold this gear?

I have a Sears  widemouth tool bag that I can use for a Get home bag that is kept in my vehicle all the time.

I am seriously considering a Maxpedition Versipack, that can do triple duty ...bug out,  hiking, and room for a DSLR , all while CCW

Any Maxpedition gear users here?

I do use their phone holster  on my  belt ,and it has been a very secure way to carry my phone. No more worry about it falling out of the case while I am working on a car. Last time that happened  my phone was ran over  :(

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version