General Categories > Survival/Emergency Preparedness

GHB or Get home Bag

<< < (4/6) > >>

Jesse T:
I hope you can fit it all in... you wont be sorry you bought maxped, though. Let us know how it works out for ya!

TerryLane:
I use the LA Police Gear jumbo Bug Out Bag for daily carry. Lots of inside and outside pockets and tons of room. Holds everything a GHB should hold. High quality and reasonable price. Take care.

Dan W:
I can tell you that a Jumbo Versipack will hold more 30 round Pmags than I want to carry around ...  the damn thing gets very  heavy on the shoulder ;D

Mudinyeri:
Here's what I use for my BOB: http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=Molle-124

It's a decent size, has lots of nice compartments and can accept standard MOLLE Gear add-ons.

I picked up two of these at Costco the last time I was there for my in-vehicle GHB's: http://www.ebags.com/product/high-sierra/kahuna-70-hydration-pack/70491?productid=855921&sourceID=GOOGFEED&CAWELAID=26884654

They were only $20 a piece at Costco and can really hold a lot of gear as well as 2 liters of water.  I also keep a couple liter bottles of water in each of my vehicles.  They're not available on Costco's web site but they had a pretty good supply of them when I was there a week or so ago.

In each GHB, I have the following:
- Handheld CB
- Latex Gloves
- N95 Mask
- Notebook
- Pen, Pencil, Sharpie
- LED Flashlight
- Leatherman
- Knife
- Spare AA and AAA Batteries
- Disposable Poncho
- Space Blanket
- 6 Clif Bars
- 3 Snack Packs of Nuts

In the winter I also keep winter weather gear in my vehicles, including boots.

In addition to the GHB, each of my vehicles has the following:
- Jumper Cables
- Tow Strap
- Folding Shovel
- Fire Extinguisher
- First Aid Kit
- Duct Tape

On each of our key rings, I have one of the ResQMe miniature life hammers/seat belt cutters.

I can go into my BOB contents too if anyone's interested.

Dan W:
Anyone have a suggestion for a website to acquire all the little things in a GHB  in one place? Stuff like ponchos, space blankets, fire starter, first aid, etc.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version