< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: High School Shooting Range  (Read 484 times)

Offline Dave1215

• Lead Benefactor
High School Shooting Range
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:34:43 PM »
Remember when some schools had shooting ranges in the basement (including in Omaha)?

Well a new one just opened (in NC)....  See story at below link

http://www.wral.com/johnston-high-school-opens-indoor-shooting-range/15651461/

(On a side note...I took Hunter Safety in my public elemtary school as part of the PE program..."good ol! Days")

Offline Dan W

• NFOA Co-Founder
Re: High School Shooting Range
« Reply #1 on: April 21, 2016, 08:34:23 AM »
Until just recently Norris High had a practice trap range on school grounds
Dan W    NFOA Co Founder
Today, we need a nation of Minutemen, citizens who are not only prepared to take arms, but citizens who regard the preservation of freedom as the basic purpose of their daily life and who are willing to consciously work and sacrifice for that freedom.   J. F. K.

Offline tachyonbb

• Forum Member
Re: High School Shooting Range
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2016, 03:40:14 PM »
I know that North, Northwest, Burke, Benson all still have active rifle/pistol ranges in their schools. The jrotc program has an active pistol league and 3 position rifle competitions.  At Benson you can earn a varsity letter for your marksmanship.  They are shooting precision pellet guns now instead of .22. 

Many of the high schools also have active trap shooting teams. Prep, Marian, Mount Michael, Duchesne, Skutt, Gross, Roncalli, Papillion South, Papio LaVista, both Bellevue Schools, Millard West, Elkhorn, Concordia, Omaha North all have active trap teams.  Last weekend more than 2,600 kids shot the Cornhusker trap shoot in the rain and wind.