Gear & Equipment > Knives and cutting tools

Knife Size in Nebraska

<< < (3/3)

tnorris0143:

--- Quote from: tstuart34 on May 09, 2016, 02:20:33 PM ---Thats why the CHP needs to be changed to a CWP...

--- End quote ---

True!

--- Quote from: Phantom on May 09, 2016, 07:13:02 PM ---As soon as someone figures out how to get it passed Uncle Ernie (Senator Chambers)

Then it can happen

--- End quote ---

Well then .. let's work on that .. ;)

ILoveCats:
If some senator would propose a bill re-attempting LB289, modifying as needed to also clean up the patchwork quilt of laws we're stuck with now like this knife thing, I think my democrat senator in dist. 29 would support it.

The nanny state leftists are quick to use the term "common sense" but we need to turn the tables and commandeer that term back where it belongs. We have common sense on our side. All they have is shrill emotion. The hodge podge of laws we have now are not common sense and do not withstand objective scrutiny in terms of answering the question "Did that law actually do anything, or did it just create a criminal out of an innocent person, all so some liberals can feel warm and fuzzy?"

If my wife is currently a criminal when she's driving home from Williams Sonoma with some new Wüsthof kitchen cutlery, yeah I can use that talking point to garner support from my senator. Fixing that stupidity is truly "common sense". 

20nickels:
tag

wcr:
If you are discussing this with your state senator or whoever in politics you might
mention the state uses a 3.5 inch, but Hastings has an ordinance that says 3.0 inches.
So everyone who drives through Hastings is in violation of their city codee if they
have a knife over 3.0 inches.  I guess they expect everyone carrying a pocket knife to
check the ordinances for every town in Nebraska they will drive through each time
they drive.  We need one standard state wide that can not be superseded at a lower political
level.  Then if you know the state law you are covered anywhere in the state.
Hastings City Code 21-101.

SemperFiGuy:

--- Quote ---We need one standard state wide that can not be superseded at a lower political
level.  Then if you know the state law you are covered anywhere in the state.
--- End quote ---

Surely that point would be a positive factor for most any NE State Senator:   One Law, Entire State of Nebraska.

FWIW,

sfg

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version