< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Airport Article  (Read 485 times)

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
Airport Article
« on: May 10, 2016, 02:51:31 PM »
This guy was charged with a misdemeanor "carrying a concealed firearm in a restricted area." Just out of curiosity, how will that affect his permit? Is that enough to lose it permanently?

http://www.ketv.com/news/omaha-pastor-stopped-for-second-time-at-airport-with-gun-in-carryon/39441022

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: Airport Article
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 05:25:46 PM »
The short answer is YES, his Concealed Handgun Permit may be revoked.

It will be necessary to put the following administrative law together to work out the picture:
======================
005   PERMIT ELIGIBILITY
005.01H

Have had no violations of any law of this state relating to firearms, unlawful use of a weapon, or controlled substances or of any similar law of another jurisdiction in the ten (10) years preceding the date of application;

012  REVOCATION OF PERMITS

Any peace officer having probable cause to believe that a permit holder is no longer in compliance with any of the requirements for a permit found in Section 005 of these regulations shall bring an application for revocation of the permit to the County Attorney in the county in which the permit holder resides.

018  PROHIBITED PLACES AND PREMISES
A permit holder may carry a concealed handgun anywhere except:

018.01N
Any place where the carrying or possession of a firearm is prohibited by state or federal law;

028  PENALTIES

The following offenses are classified as Class III Misdemeanors for the first offense and as Class I Misdemeanors for the second or subsequent offense:

Permit holder carrying a concealed handgun into a prohibited place or premises.
(See § 018 in the regulations or §69-2441 in the statutes.)
========================================

It's up to the county prosecutor in Mr. Weasel's county of residence.   Looks like he's had two strikes already.   I'm thinking the Official Patience has been pulled on too long and too hard.   But I ain't the county prosecutor, either.

FWIW,

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline Atrus

• NFOA Full Member
Re: Airport Article
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2016, 05:50:21 PM »
Thanks for pointing out the cites. I knew that firearm offenses count more "heavily" against a permit, but I couldn't find the exact language.