< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: question re used brass  (Read 912 times)

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
question re used brass
« on: April 14, 2016, 04:11:21 PM »
I have around 40 or 50 pounds of used brass I want to get rid of.  It looks like I could sell it for around a dollar a pound at a recycling center.  What would it be worth to a reloader?  It's mostly 9mm and a mix of .223 and 5.56, with a smaller amount of .40, ,380, .308, and a little .300 Win mag (I also have several boxes of factory loaded .300 cartridges I'd sell at a discount).  Most of it is once fired but some of it I bought as factory reloads (I've never reloaded any of it).     
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline SemperFiGuy

• Steel Benefactor
  • GG Grampaw Wuz a DamYankee Cavalryman
Re: question re used brass
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2016, 04:26:43 PM »
There's a rather active group on Facebook called Nebraska Reloaders.   They frequently run Facebook posts regarding brass of all kinds and flavors, both buying and selling.

Might be worth checking them out.

Just might be 1 or 2 Forum members running loose in that group.

sfg
Certified Instructor:  NE CHP & NRA-Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun, Personal Protection Inside/Outside Home, Home Firearm Safety, RTBAV, Metallic Cartridge & Shotshell Reloading.  NRA Chief RSO, IDPA Safety Officer, USPSA Range Officer.  NRA RangeTechTeamAdvisor.  NE Hunter Education (F&B).   Glock Armorer

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2016, 04:46:26 PM »
if you don't or can't sell it, you can recycle it.  i've recycled lots of expended brass, mostly 22LR cases and other dented/destroyed cases.
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline shooter

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2016, 06:38:14 PM »
let me know how much you want for it.
Was mich nicht umbringt macht mich stärker
Sic semper evello mortem tyrannis
 NRA Endowment member
  Shoot  them in the crotch.  Clint Smith, thunder ranch.  Oct 14, 2016

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2016, 07:56:19 PM »
let me know how much you want for it.
Let me know what it's worth.  I'd rather sell it to a shooter than sell it for scrap, and I'll be moving in about a month and can't see me bringing it with me.  Are you anywhere close to southeast Lincoln?
The liberal cult seeks destruction of the American Republic like water seeks low ground.

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2016, 11:30:19 AM »
The recycling center I called said I can get $1.05 a pound for brass shell casings.  So I'll sell what I have for $50, which is close to the scrap price but I'd rather see it go to a shooter.  I live in Lincoln but go to Omaha fairly often, so I could deliver it to anyone in either town or between the two.  I listed it for that price on Armslist.  Thanks for the advice.

Offline OnTheFly

• Steel Benefactor
  • NFOA member #364
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2016, 02:37:35 PM »
Sending PM.
Si vis pacem, para bellum

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #7 on: April 21, 2016, 10:50:18 AM »
Sending PM.
If that doesn't work out I would be interested in the brass as well.
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan

Offline depserv

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #8 on: April 21, 2016, 12:32:11 PM »
I sold the brass.  All I have left is several boxes of .300 Win Mag brass I want to include with several boxes of live ammo in that caliber.

Offline Mali

• NFOA Full Member
  • My life, my rights.
« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2016, 01:30:15 PM »
Sounds good. that's what happens when I get distracted.  :laugh:
Freedom is never more than one generation away from extinction. We didn't pass it to our children in the bloodstream. It must be fought for, protected, and handed on for them to do the same. - Ronald Reagan