< Back to the Main Site

Author Topic: Optic choices for AR15  (Read 4187 times)

Offline RobertH

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
Re: Optic choices for AR15
« Reply #20 on: December 16, 2009, 08:07:11 PM »
wow, great responses!

thanks for the schooling Rick.

since my last optic was about just over $100 last time, im going to save up and put a few hundred into my next one.  not really a trijicon, but most likely an eo tech or aimpoint.

oh, and for the KISS..... thats a big duh!  the internet lingo fools me again!
Follow the NFOA on Twitter: @NFOA_Official

Offline Glock 1

• Gun Show Volunteer
  • Powder Benefactor
« Reply #21 on: December 16, 2009, 08:45:44 PM »
Sometimes Fluff like to use those abreviated terms!!!     KISS-Keep it suprisingly simple     

I think what fluff was trying to say there is keep it simple!  Don't get an optic that is too complicated to where you can't hit your target due to different aiming dots, knobs to turn, parralax, etc...

An eotech or aimpoint is to the point, user friendly and dependable!!!

Once you decide on your choice, mount that optic and get some pictures posted up!  I'm sure everyone would enjoy the pictures!!!!!!!!

Thanks!  This a great posting by all involved!!!!!
"Carry the battle to them. Don't let them bring it to you. Put them on the defensive and never apologize for anything." - Harry Truman
Politics is made up of 2 words. 'Poli' meaning 'many' in Latin. 'tics' meaning 'bloodthirsty creatures'.

Offline tylersaurus

• NFOA Full Member
« Reply #22 on: January 01, 2010, 05:04:13 PM »
I don't think you could go wrong with either one. (eo tech or trijicon) Aimpoint's are popular too. trijicons don't use batteries, so that's a plus.

If your budgets not ready for one of those, I've read promising reports on the vortex strikefire. It's probably not on par with these but seems like alot for the price. ($120-$150) Plus they come with a mount, magnifier, and lifetime warranty.
http://www.vortexoptics.com/product/vortex-strikefire-red-dot-scope-for-ar15
Vortex is a US owned company and from what I've heard, exceptional customer service.
That does look like a good deal, and has good reviews. You can order it from opticsplanet.com for $149.99, use coupon code 'merry5' for an additional 5% off and get free shipping if anyone is interested.Thanks for the post. 
I took my own advice and picked one up for my dad for Christmas.(the vortex red dot) B&H camera had them for $140 with free shipping and a $25 gift card. As soon as he gets it mounted I'll let you guys know how it holds up.

I just need to figure out what to use the $25 on, batteries for him, or put it towards one for me. ;D